rollerblades

Options
I'm thinking about getting some roller blades. Does anyone use them on this site? Does ANYONE use them? Was that like an early 90s penomena? Let me know!

Replies

• Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    I totally still roller blade! It's a GREAT workout! Really great for the glutes, inner and outer thighs, legs. Definitely worth getting some! I love it! Its a great way to switch it up if you get tired of walk/running :D
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    i love to rollerblade...its my favorite workout that doesn't always feel like a workout! :)
  • freebirdsnsc
    freebirdsnsc Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    woof!!! Thanks but no thanks.... thats a dirty word to me

I was roller blading with my two sons when I was 37 and took a tumble breaking my sacrum in two places I couldnt move worth a tiddle for weeks

The scary thing is had the Fx's been just a tad higher Id most likely be paralyzed from my waist down

Its a fun exercise but I cant take the chance of taking another fall like that one. I wont even roller skate anymore something I dearly loved to do. I was most excellent at one time:-) lol
  • nursevee
    nursevee Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I blade and quad skate and it's a phenomonal exercise and brilliant for a great calorie burn. A word of advice would be to invest in some knee, elbow and wrist guards. I busted up my knee pretty good about 8 months ago and it took it's toll bigtime. Apparently the older you get, the more our balance is affected! LOL.

Good luck and have a blast.
  • candlegal
    candlegal Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I still rollerblade, actually the correct name is inline skating. Rollerblade is actually a trademark brand. The guy who invented Rollerblades is from Minnesota, not far from where we live, actually went to school with one of our friends. He sold the company years ago. My husband and son and I love to inline skate around the lakes by our house. I was a big ice skater when I was young so it came pretty easy for me:bigsmile: and all the boys/husband play hockey so are good ice skaters and inline skaters. IT IS GREAT Exercise!!!! LIke the others have said, GET PROTECTIVE GEAR! Especially wrist guards, or you will be in ER with broken wrist! Helmet, knee pads, elbow guards, in that order of importants. You will fall, hard, when you fall. Go slow starting out, smooth surface to start with is best. Go with someone to begin with. Have a blast!!
  • freebirdsnsc
    freebirdsnsc Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    sadly they dont make protective gear for your butt and back

Natures padding wasnt enough in my case ;-/
  • candlegal
    candlegal Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Good point freebird! No butt protection out there other than your own self made padding! LOL:laugh: