am i normal yet?

so i am now a size 10 jean and a 12 in the bust area... is that classed as good?

Replies

• I don't think there's a specific size for every person and certainly no "good". I'd ask yourself if you feel good in your clothes? Do you feel energetic and healthy? Those are more important than size.
  • Marcolter
    Marcolter Posts: 103 Member
    Good.... is a subjective cultural idea and changes with fashion trends. Good is good blood work and shopping for clothes is fun for you and not a dreaded burden squeezing into clothes. I never never would want to be the weight of those stupid charts that go by height. I would look like a frail shell of a man.
  • SrJoben
    SrJoben Posts: 484 Member
    Even assuming a fairly large number of things that might make it possible for me to judge this...I can't.

I have no idea how women's clothing sizes work. I have a better grasp of quantum mechanics.
  • 2014myyear
    2014myyear Posts: 60 Member
    i think what i am trying to say in a very bad way, is how do you know when to stop. I get the feeling that I am never going to be "happy" with how I look (I am female after all) and being underweight for most of my life when am i going to look in the mirror and say yep you are looking fit and healthy so the only way i can do it is by asking the question as numbers. I mean we go by BMI and scales but as you say its all irrelevant. You ask people and of course they say "you look great" then you get one person that says something else... so on paper... what are the good sizes should i be aiming for more weight or should i just stop my whinging and be happy with the way i am.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    I don't really get the point of this topic, especially given the context of the forum that it's in, but....
    or should i just stop my whinging and be happy with the way i am.

There you have it. No one is 100% happy with the way they look. Not Mr. Olympia, not Victoria's Secret models, nobody is ever completely satisfied. Perfection does not exist in one's own mind.

We're all trying to improve ourselves, period. You never really stop, fitness is for life and requires constant maintenance.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Normal . Who wants to be normal
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Normal . Who wants to be normal
    Agreed!
    Quick everybody look normal...
    HQfsEWs.gif
    Throw the concept of normal out the window and go for what makes YOU happy, as long as you do not suffer from some sort of body dysmorphia.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    ^lol... I try my hardest to be un-normal-
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    so i am now a size 10 jean and a 12 in the bust area... is that classed as good?

What form of sizing? UK, US, AUS???
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    There's nothing bad about a size 10. Sounds like a normal size to me. How tall are you? Size 10 on a tall girl is a lot different than size 10 on a short one. I'm a size 6 or 8 depending on brand. So you're just one up from me.

ETA: I'm in the US, so if you're a UK size 10, that's about a US size 6. So you and I are the same size basically. My doctor says I'm in great shape. I think you're a normal, healthy size. :flowerforyou:
  • Dgydad
    Dgydad Posts: 104 Member
    i think what i am trying to say in a very bad way, is how do you know when to stop. I get the feeling that I am never going to be "happy" with how I look (I am female after all) and being underweight for most of my life when am i going to look in the mirror and say yep you are looking fit and healthy so the only way i can do it is by asking the question as numbers. I mean we go by BMI and scales but as you say its all irrelevant. You ask people and of course they say "you look great" then you get one person that says something else... so on paper... what are the good sizes should i be aiming for more weight or should i just stop my whinging and be happy with the way i am.
    This screams "get thee to a counsellor" to me, actually.....................
  • skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    1546442_816401251719581_1890528846_n.jpg
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Should have paid closer attention to OP, yes I think you need professional advice and counseling. The fact you were unhappy with your body was not overly concerning as most people in society suffer from similar insecurities but the part I highlighted is concerning.

http://www.adaa.org/understanding-anxiety/related-illnesses/other-related-conditions/body-dysmorphic-disorder-bdd

http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/find-help-support
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Should have paid closer attention to OP, yes I think you need professional advice and counseling. The fact you were unhappy with your body was not overly concerning as most people in society suffer from similar insecurities but the part I highlighted is concerning.

http://www.adaa.org/understanding-anxiety/related-illnesses/other-related-conditions/body-dysmorphic-disorder-bdd

http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/find-help-support

QFT
  • Kestrelwings
    Kestrelwings Posts: 238 Member
    Normal is different things to different people. Numbers on scales and in books also do not always translate to what somebody looks like. The sizes you quote are typical of many healthy women, and I think the important things is 'healthy' not 'normal'. To see what a huge variation constitutes 'normal', try http://www.mybodygallery.com/
  • EvelynBfly78
    EvelynBfly78 Posts: 240 Member
    Normal is different things to different people. Numbers on scales and in books also do not always translate to what somebody looks like. The sizes you quote are typical of many healthy women, and I think the important things is 'healthy' not 'normal'. To see what a huge variation constitutes 'normal', try http://www.mybodygallery.com/
    Everyone is different. If you're comfortable at this size that's good. We are close in size. I'm 5'4" & 118. Normal for me in weight is 116 to 122. Above or below I feel yucky. But then again, that's me. You have to find your own place where you feel healthy & comfortable in your own skin. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks about you. It's what you think of you.
  • 2014myyear
    Aus
  • 2014myyear
    And no i dont have an eating disorder i have I come from slim genes disorder, so do i need counselling? No. I am very in-tune with myself just not that happy with what i see. Not everyone that is slim has an eating disorder and that is the opinion i have fought with all my life.
  • 2014myyear
    Everyone is different. If you're comfortable at this size that's good. We are close in size. I'm 5'4" & 118. Normal for me in weight is 116 to 122. Above or below I feel yucky. But then again, that's me. You have to find your own place where you feel healthy & comfortable in your own skin. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks about you. It's what you think of you.

Thank you now that's helpful!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    And no i dont have an eating disorder i have I come from slim genes disorder

The what now?!