Hi, any 40 or 50 year olds trying to lose weight?

Options
I'm back on my fitness pal after a long break which has seen me put my original weight back on again!! I know this works and especially with the support and friendship of others going through a similar thing - especially if you're suffering the symptoms of menopause would be great to hear from you :-D

Replies

• GdeVries
    GdeVries Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 43 and working on getting healthier, and you'll find lots of others here, too. I've sent a friend request. also look at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/18961-40-is-the-new-20
  • michelelightlecoggins
    Options
    Been on the program for a couple months and yes can use all the support I can get lets help each other get healthy. that's what I'm calling it, Not lose weight or diet. To me it is all about getting healthy and being around for my grandbabies I am 55 yrs young and have had multiple joint surgerys, have a problem with workout but have been trying to get some kind of activity in my day. :happy:
  • drosebud
    drosebud Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I am losing weight :-)
    Peri-menopausal here, and it's my worst fear to put it all back on again. Do you have a handle as to why you re-gained the weight?
  • Live_To_Win
    Live_To_Win Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I was on a while back as well and put it all back on plus. But I am back with a vengeance, I am sneaking up on 49 years old and knocked off over 20 already, Please feel free to add me
  • brasgold
    brasgold Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Im 49 just started and lost 5.4 my first week. Id be happy for any support i can get or give. good luck
  • beatingmenopause
    Options
    It happened slowly, I just started snacking at night and dropped the gym :-( but back on it again now as I threw out all my 'big' clothes and absolutely NOT going to buy anymore! I'm determined to get back into my small wardrobe :-D
  • adriennebarnes1
    adriennebarnes1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Mee too...I have just come back and I'm 44 would like to support you too. :-)
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    I'll be eligible from June, feel free to add me.????
  • drosebud
    Options
    So it may not have necessarily been menopause related? Good luck with shifting the excess baggage, and hope it stays gone for good this time.
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I look to be the oldie here 52 yrs old. I am too getting back on my program for I have gained 40 of the 88 lbs I lost back. So I am wanting to drop it again and hopefully keep it off. I also gave all my big clothes away and I will not buy any larger than what I have now. So it's now or never. Add me for motivation..

Also, menapause in full swing. UGH...
  • alliecat40
    alliecat40 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 and was on the program 3 years ago and lost 35lbs. I gained it all back so i'm at it again. Hopefully I can stay with it. I have two kids that I run everywhere and that's when I lose focus. When your busy it's easier to go thru a drivethru. Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • krzykatmomma60610
    Options
    47 and in a similar boat. I'm trying to lose weight to improve some health issues and overall well being before I turn 50. Here for support when you need it.
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Im 43 and back at it again recently. I initially lost 37 lbs, but gained back 17 lbs last fall after my husband had a health scare (almost died). I am a stress eater and I stopped exercising and started eating crazy again. I am perimenopause and I also have fibromyalgia, but I'm not letting any of that stop me! Feel free to add me.
  • drosebud
    Options
    52 years isn't old :-P
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    54 and understand - working at it again too. Just making it a part of my lifestyle, rather than what I do to lose weight. Eating right and exercising daily is just what I do now. The best to you!
  • beatingmenopause
    Options
    Not this time I was just being naughty and paying the price now :-D
  • garcia2539
    Options
    Hi all -

I'm 47, female, and really starting my fitness pal for the first time as a way to motivate me. Hoping to lose 15 - 20 lbs in the next 3-4 months. Have hip and knee problems that took me out of all activity for about 4 years, but started back in the fall with regular yoga regimen. Have just started CrossFit which I love (and hope to stick to) and my husband and I just signed on to join his office's team for the Bike for Cancer event in the DC metro area in September - 150 miles over two days! So training for that is in my future. Refuse to "diet" but am moving more and more to healthier eating, still no weight loss though. My body seems to stubbornly want to stay at between 152 - 156 lbs. Frustrating! So, could use all the help and motivation you can offer and of course happy to return the favor. So, count me in - though not exactly sure how this works.
  • TAMayorga
    TAMayorga Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. FR sent!
  • ngood10720
    ngood10720 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 and trying to lose weight is so hard indeed. It' seems like all I can do is keep moving and eat vegetables.
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    52 years isn't old :-P

:laugh: I sure hope not! I turned 49 last month. Hate to think I'm gonna be old in 3 years!! :bigsmile:

I love using MFP, user friendly and a lot of great support from the members. Feel free to add me!