ChaLean Extreme Question

Options
I'm hoping those of you who have done or are doing ChaLean Extreme can give me some advice. I've been contemplating buying the program for a LONG time, which leads me to believe I should just go for it.

I'm wondering, though, what size weights I should have in preparation. I currently own 2 lb, 3 lb., 5 lb and 8lb. Do I need anything larger than this to start? If so, what are your recommendations. I currently use 5lb. weights for the Jillian Michaels videos, often holing two 5 lb. weights in one hand for rows, bicep curls, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• ErickaJos
    ErickaJos Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi Heather,

I think you chose an excellent program - congratulations on the weight you've lost so far. Funny how you've "graduated" from Jillian to go on to Beachbody workouts. I followed the exact same path as you. If you wanted to purchase an additional set of weights, I'd recommend 10 lbs. I am on the 2nd month "Push Circuit" and I am still using 5 lb and 10 lb - I consider myself to be pretty fit. She teaches you how to use the weights you currently own to create extra resistance. The moves are very deliberate, eliminating all momentum. So if $$ is tight, just start with what you have. I do plan to purchase 15 lb weights for the 3rd month.

If you are not currently working with a coach, I'd be happy to support you with your program. When are you looking to begin? Please check out my website where you can order the CLX program: www.beachbodycoach.com/ericka611.

Best regards,
    Ericka
    Independent Beachbody Coach (Ericka611)
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Looks like The Shred to CLX is popular! I did the same thing and I'm now on the second phase of Chalean Extreme. I had 2lb, 5lb, and 8lb weights for the first phase, and I almost exclusively used the 8lb weights for all the exercises. Now that I'm on the Push phase, I use the 8 lb weights and a resistance band when the 8lbs are too light. However I'm not liking the band as much as the weights. I'd love to get 12 lb weights, but I don't want to spend the money. I'm gonna keep trying it with the bands and see if I can find cheap 12lb weights somewhere. It works for the time being, I think I just need to work out in sneakers so I can hold the band under my foot better, I usually do these workouts barefoot on carpet.
  • sam4sure
    Options
    I have done the program and now am doing the 'lean' for life schedule. The weights I used to start out were 3,5,10. I then moved up to 20...though I should prob have 15 and 8 (I try to hold 3 & 5 lb together but not so easy). You will get to 20lbs...I did during the push month. Good luck to you with Chalean Extreme...I still enjoy it a lot.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your feedback, everyone! I'm really looking forward to ordering and starting the program soon.
  • skydiveskier
    Options
    I've got two girls that just started the program a few weeks ago and have seen amazing results using the bands purchased through Beachbody. The great thing about bands is the resistance window that you can create by making loops bigger or smaller.

There are also plenty of professional tips that I've passed onto them from Chalene herself that have really amplified their progress.

Good luck and let me know if you need any personal assistance.
  • sam4sure
    Options
    Yes like 'make the weights feel like they 10 xs heavier than they really are'...'don't just let the weights come down, flex down'...hehe just to name a few. I did notice if I really focused I could make my measily 3 lb'rs feel like 10 lbs early in the program.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Thanks again for your feedback, everyone. The ChaLean Extreme program is on its way to my house as we speak and I should have it sometime next week. Woo hoo!