I remember when...

Options
Chieflrg
Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
I was trying to take a nap at age two. My ear was laying against my pillow in such a way I could hear my heart beat squishing in my head. I kept popping up to look out the window as I thought soldiers were marching outside my house.

What is earliest memory you have of your life?

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Erm.. When I was dropped lmao.
    DOES THAT EXPLAIN MY CRAZYYYY?!!?!?
    Edit: I was 2.
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    I was 4 and my little brother was 2. I pushed him and he burned his leg on my parents station Wagon's muffler... Just like the car from Lampoon's vacation. Anyway, I knew I was in trouble so I told him I'd let him burn me, too. What an idiot was I? He put my inner thigh to it and held it there. I ended up spending a week in the burn unit of our hospital for 3rd degree burns to the inside of my though. I still have a scar. .. shaped like a pork chop :). We were both in serious trouble. My question is, where in the hell were my parents??
  • purplepink1992
    Options
    When I was a year or so, maybe a bit younger my aunt fed me a bottle, and then was lifting me above her head, and I threw up all over her. I recall sitting on her lap in the car (because she didn't have a carseat with her), as my uncle drove her to change her clothes because we were on our way to a birthday.

This has been confirmed by both my mom and her that it happened, lol. I've had a crazy memory ever since I was young.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I remember screaming at my grandmother's screen door as my mom, my aunt and my uncle were leaving for the movies to go see Jaws. My uncle came back to get me.

Yeah, they took me to see Jaws when I was 2.

Scarred. For. Life.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I was 2 and we lived at my grandma's house. There was a plane skywriting outside and she took me outside to see it. I thought it was neat but I couldn't read so I didn't know what it was writing.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I remember lying on the floor on green-blue shag carpeting waiting for my dad to come home so we could go trick or treating, and I had an orange plastic jack o' lantern (for candy) in my hand. According to my parents, that had to be when I was a couple of days from my 2nd birthday (Nov 3) because we had a new house with different carpet by the time I was turning three :-)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    When I was 1, my parents used to always take me to the mall and there was a store with rides in it. There was one that turned slowly in circles and I remember it clearly.

I have other early memories, but they aren't quite as good ...

I also remember my very first migraine. I was 3 and was outside playing with neighbors. I had a little lawn chair that was my size and there were some big ones and the neighbor girls were trying to take my little one (to play with, not to steal) and I wanted to use it myself. Out of nowhere, my head hurt so bad I thought I was going to die. My mom brought me inside, gave me baby aspirin and made me lie down in the dark for a while. I don't think I got another migraine until my 20s, though.
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I remember my mother giving birth to me, I looked back and said 'that's the last time I'm going up one of those!'
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    after she flipped the car on a gravel road, hanging upside down in my carseat in the front seat with my mother outside instructing me (unsuccessfully) how to open the door. i was 2.
  • MysteriousLdy
    MysteriousLdy Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Me and my little brother played 'pretend it was adventure' games, going through flower bushes & forest,hitting bushes with twigs and had our german shepherd dogs followed us behind,wagging tails happily..What a memories
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Probably close to two and I remember opening my drawers looking for my pacifier that my parents were hiding from me
  • DreamOfSunshine
    DreamOfSunshine Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I was almost 4 and my mom came to pick me up from Kindergarden with my newborn baby-sister. The other kids were piling around looking at her, while I was proudly announcing " This is MY syster!" and smiling :bigsmile:
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I remember having to sleep with a foot brace at night when I was two so that I wouldn't walk pigeon toed. I hated that thing, but at least it worked!!
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    18 months. I was rolling backwards down the driveway on my Wonder Horse; my older sister rode her bike up behind me and crashed into me. The bike cut open my head and I needed stitches. I remember riding to the hospital in my mom's VW Rabbit and sitting on the neighbor's lap in the front seat. I also remember being stitched up.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    My memory is effed up pretty bad, I can barely remember yesterday.

I think my earliest memory is of a thunderstorm. No idea how old I was but I was still in a crib. There was an icon on the wall opposite my crib and I thought the dude in it was causing the lightning...

ETA:
    I also remember my very first migraine. I was 3 and was outside playing with neighbors. I had a little lawn chair that was my size and there were some big ones and the neighbor girls were trying to take my little one (to play with, not to steal) and I wanted to use it myself. Out of nowhere, my head hurt so bad I thought I was going to die. My mom brought me inside, gave me baby aspirin and made me lie down in the dark for a while. I don't think I got another migraine until my 20s, though.
    I know that feel bro.

I had horrible migraines throughout my teens, was tested for every possible brain thing but they never found out the reason behind them. They mostly went away in my 20s but I still get the occasional one. Here's a flower :flowerforyou:
  • _db_
    _db_ Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    woFtxsZ.jpg
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    I remember when, I remember, I remember when I lost my mind
    There was something so pleasant about that place.
    Even your emotions had an echo
    In so much space
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    actually i think my earliest memory was seeing Star Wars in the theater when I was 2.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    sheep riding in a big rodeo. i came out of the shoots with both hands in the air. i still blame the people for not telling me to hang on. i still get teased