Celsius - Calorie Burning Drink

Options
I went grocery shopping today and came across a drink called Celsius. According to its packaging, it's suppose to help you burn up to 100 calories or more per 12 oz can. I have not tried it as of yet. Does anyone whose tried this drink have any input on it? Trying to figure out if its worth investing into. I mean, I've already bought it. Is it worth it to continue buying it?

Replies

• aprilshowers13
    Options
    The packaging is misleading. Its green tea in a can. I like the peach mango flavor. I drink one just about everyday. I was able to get some of these for free.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Costco was carrying these, and may still be. I split a pack with a friend who wanted to try them. I didn't read the label closely, but after drinking a whole can and pulling an unplanned all nighter, I read the label and found EACH can has 200 MGS of CAFFEINE!!! :noway: :noway:

For someone caffeine-sensitive like me, that is NOT a good thing. So I still have some in my garage, which I think I will offer to said friend. He is a truck driver and can live on regular coffee and fall asleep anywhere!!:laugh:

I wasn't particularly impressed with the flavor either.
  • What ever happened to just eating healthy and natural foods? Seeking magical serums is not going to do you any good in the long term.
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I agree, I think it's misleading as well. I tried a 4 pack for free from CVS when it was a Free after ECB deal. The taste isn't the greatest, in my opinion. It made me feel jittery when I took it, but I don't drink coffee, soda, or tea on a daily basis.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Their website is drinkcelsius.com. If you go to the FAQ it will show you all of the ingredients and tell you its benefits. . It has vitamin Bs, green tea, and some have that acai berry. No artificial ingredients but lots of caffeine. The caffeine is realy the only bad thing in it, well if you're trying to avoid caffeine that is.
  • brwnsugababe
    Options
    Thanks alot for your input everyone, it helped alot.
  • What ever happened to just eating healthy and natural foods? Seeking magical serums is not going to do you any good in the long term.

If you have to rely on drinks and or pills you will put the weight right back on as soon as you stop. You can't do those type of drinks for a long time and expect to keep yourself healthy. I would drink more water and take a walk and you will burn your 100 calories! :0) Green tea however is, by itself, very very good for you!
  • brwnsugababe
    Options
    What ever happened to just eating healthy and natural foods? Seeking magical serums is not going to do you any good in the long term.

If you have to rely on drinks and or pills you will put the weight right back on as soon as you stop. You can't do those type of drinks for a long time and expect to keep yourself healthy. I would drink more water and take a walk and you will burn your 100 calories! :0) Green tea however is, by itself, very very good for you!

Its not so much as trying to find a magic serum or even for everyday use. Mainly for on those days when I don't excersice and just doing regular everyday things, ie cleaning, shopping etc, but I totally understand, so far i'm doing ok, as a beginner, with walking, excersicing and so forth. Just trying to find a supplement to keep the calories burning off for the off days. :smile:
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    You can add lemon to your cold water for a natural increased calorie/fat burning effect without the buzz. Of course, it won't be 100 calories -- for that you have to work.
  • inmyshoes
    Options
    LOL I just had to contribute to this post. Mario Lopez is the spokesperson or something for this drink. He came to Fort Lewis (where I live) about 6 months ago for a meet and greet and Celsius was being served. I met him, got my pic taken with him (such a cutie) and he asked how I liked the drink and I was honest and said it was nasty, lol. Not a fan of the taste!
  • brwnsugababe
    Options
    Thanks for that tip Sara :smile:

I take special K protein water once or twice a day and emergen-c if I need a boost. I take a multi vitamine plus extra vitamine b6 which has been proven to promote metabolism. I have a cheat day to reset my metabolism atleast once every 6 days. I have a piece of dove chocolate atleast twice a week. I also take an extra calcium supplement since I know osteo. runs in my family. I walk 2-3 times a week for 30 or more minutes. I try to sit in one spot for no more than 15 minutes unless working or doing homework.

All the little things add up with less effort than the big planned workouts. I try to do stomach crunches and push ups when I feel up to it but I have a bad back so that is a once a week thing or less right now. Feel free to add me as a friend or email me if you like! Good luck!

Its not so much as trying to find a magic serum or even for everyday use. Mainly for on those days when I don't excersice and just doing regular everyday things, ie cleaning, shopping etc, but I totally understand, so far i'm doing ok, as a beginner, with walking, excersicing and so forth. Just trying to find a supplement to keep the calories burning off for the off days. :smile: