Jillian michaels 30 day shred hellp?

Options
I've recently became pretty active and for the first month I was doing good and lost about 8 pounds. I've hit a wall now and I'm not losing anymore. I have a feeling it's because I'm exercising too much and not eating enough! Or maybe my exercises are getting old?? Well I used to exercise at moderate Intensity for 2-3 hours a day.
I've decided to change it up and try the Jillian michaels 30 day shred, does it work?? I'm on day 3 but I find doing just level one doesn't bother me too much ( only things I can't do are push-ups and bicycle crunches)
So if I did both level 1 and level 2 every day for 15 days
And then did level 1 and level 3 for 15 days
Do you think it would be the same concept??? To sum it up, can I do two of the levels each day and get good results?

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I've recently became pretty active and for the first month I was doing good and lost about 8 pounds. I've hit a wall now and I'm not losing anymore. I have a feeling it's because I'm exercising too much and not eating enough! Or maybe my exercises are getting old?? Well I used to exercise at moderate Intensity for 2-3 hours a day.
    I've decided to change it up and try the Jillian michaels 30 day shred, does it work?? I'm on day 3 but I find doing just level one doesn't bother me too much ( only things I can't do are push-ups and bicycle crunches)
    So if I did both level 1 and level 2 every day for 15 days
    And then did level 1 and level 3 for 15 days
    Do you think it would be the same concept??? To sum it up, can I do two of the levels each day and get good results?

With less than 15 pounds to lose your weekly weight loss will be rather small ......< 15 pounds.....expect 1/2 pound per week. Set your goal to 1/2 pound per week.

MFP (as designed) gives you a calorie deficit with ZERO exercise.....and then expects you to eat exercise calories back. The purpose for this is, when your calorie deficit is too large your "weight" loss will be fat+muscle.....as opposed to mostly fat.

Diet is for losing weight......exercise is mainly FITNESS. Sure you burn some calories (and get to eat those back) .....but there is really no point for 2-3 hours everyday unless you are training for something.....or you really, really like it.... or you're trying to lose weight super fast. Super fast weight loss is not healthy weight loss.

I don't know if 30 Day Shred is a change for you because I don't know what your previous routine was. 30 DS is just high impact circuit training (combines cardio + weights).

Just do exercise you enjoy.....cardio for heart & stamina....strength for muscle & bone......add yoga if you need something for flexibility & balance.
  • Nightfall30
    Nightfall30 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    As you said, you might be exercising too much. The 30 DS workouts are only 20 mins which may feel less but that's the point of the workout - less for more. I guess that's the reason you can do it everyday as well. Try following the plan as designed? I just started the 30 DS and I plan on combining it with 2-3 hours of moderate cardio because I'm training to run and just because I enjoy it. Also, make sure your deficit isn't too large, your body need fuel to get stronger.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I had great results with it last year. I lost several lbs and inches. Just follow the program as designed. Do an estimate on your calories burned and eat them back.

I will say that Mfp estimated me at like 300-350 calories burned, so I only ate back 75% of whatever it showed me burning. It does estimate high.