Greater LA, CA friends for weight loss challenge!

Options
Hi there! I am looking for a group of motivated people looking to lose weight together for a weight loss competition. It will be a team of 5 and there are prizes at the end for the top 3 winning teams. This is a 12-week weight loss challenge (sort of mimicking The Biggest Loser) where the teams with the highest %Body Weight loss win! This is not televised or broadcast—just a local program promoting good health.

Hoping to find like-minded friends with a competitive side and weight loss goals, who are willing to meet up 1/week or 2/month for motivational/fitness activities. So far, the 2 teammates are myself and one other girl (both have 100+pounds to lose and are in our 20s) – that leaves 3 open spots. The goal is to get healthy together and maybe even make some great friendships along the way :] If you are interested in joining our team, please send me a message and let me know and I will send you the details!

In the message, please include a brief intro on why you are interested and your availability. Thank you!!

Replies

• rapina
    rapina Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    This sounds like it would be fun. I started my weightloss program the beginning of January and I am just starting to get into the swing of things. I recently joined a Gym and I am really enjoying my time there. I wish my Husband would get on the band wagon with me, but I am sure he will come around.
    I work full time and I am finishing up a Masters program, so I do not have a lot of free time, but I am sure that I could squeeze in a few meetings a month. I am located in Fullerton, CA area and I do have transportation.

The reason I am interested in lossing weight is for health reasons and to begin my healthy new living style. I have already lost 17lbs and I still have another 110lbs left to reach my goal.

You can reach me via email at: rachel.reaching.goals@gmail.com

Hope to hear from you,
    Rachel