Hit the wall

Options
So Ive lost 47lbs since October, Im 6 foot and 202lb now. It was going pretty good, at least a couple pounds a week. Now Ive hit the wall, only losing fractions of a pound a week for the last couple weeks. I havnt been exercising and I know I realy should but im not sure exaclty what to do. Ive gotten alot skinnier in my ams and legs and need to build muscle, should I increase my caloric intake? If so how much?

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    If you're not exercising now your calories would need to come down as you would have reduced the deficit by stopping which is why weightloss has slowed. SO you either start exercising more or reduce calories. If you want to build muscle on your arms you need to look at resistance training of some sort. If you eat more without restarting your exercise you're likely to put weight back on.
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss! Were you exercising at all while dieting? More info is needed for recommendations. How many calories are you eating? It's great you're still losing, and you are getting closer to goal weight so weight loss will naturally slow.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    At 6 foot it sounds like you are very close to where you should be. This may be why you are no longer losing. You may want to slowly increase to maintenance and concentrate on exercise and reshaping and gaining strength.
  • molonlabe762
    molonlabe762 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss! Were you exercising at all while dieting? More info is needed for recommendations. How many calories are you eating? It's great you're still losing, and you are getting closer to goal weight so weight loss will naturally slow.

Thanks, no I wasnt exercising at all realy. Im currently eating about 15-1700 calories a day.
  • molonlabe762
    molonlabe762 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    At 6 foot it sounds like you are very close to where you should be. This may be why you are no longer losing. You may want to slowly increase to maintenance and concentrate on exercise and reshaping and gaining strength.

Yeah I have my goal set at 195. Thats what i was realy wondering, should I increase my intake when i start exercising again to build muscle.
  • kcjarlyn
    kcjarlyn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Google that sh@t!!

Love-
    Your co-workers