Eat it all, or ration it out? (chocolate)

Options
So, Valentines is over, and my anniversary has passed, and I received a LOT of chocolate.
What would you do? Eat it all in one go - avoid future temptation and risk putting on 10lb, or ration each tempting little piece out and risk gorging every single day?

Replies

• lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I love spreading it out. My uni flatmate used to buy me a chocolate bar and I would cut it into slices, eat one a day. It used to drive her crazy lol
  • Blokeypoo
    Blokeypoo Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I weigh servings into sandwich bags and eat it over several days.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I would ration it out. I pretty much do that anyway. I eat a small portion of chocolate every day. How small depends on what else I'm eating that day, how many cals I have left etc.
  • ef21178
    ef21178 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Ration it out for sure. Eat a little bit every day; plan it out in the beginning of your day so that you know you have room for it. It will teach you how to control portions and give you something to look forward to every day! :)
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Ration it to one piece per day and fit it in to daily calorie allotment.
    It is what I have been doing since June 2012. One piece dark chocolate (under 50 calories) every, single day.
  • hellomanen
    hellomanen Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    share the love and the chocolate! sharing help you get the good feelings going and you'll feel like eating less chocolate, so is a win-win :D
  • RachelSD7
    RachelSD7 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I reaaallly wanted to eat it all in one go. So I said "ok, go on then - but have a nice hot cup of tea first" and because I wasn't denying myself (and once I'd had the tea) suddenly, the idea of eating it all wasn't such a good idea. I guess I was just fighting a dieting demon, and not a genuine chocolate craving!
  • YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I would ration it all out, freeze what your not gonna eat right away.

I often find I get enough chocolate on valentines day to hold me over till Christmas lol. Chocolate freezes REALLY well.
  • lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I buy those fun size chocolate bars. I think people assume they are for my munchkin.
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    If I had the willpower needed to ration it out, I would do that. If I didn't, (and for the record, I don't) I would give it away or throw it away. But that's just me.
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Here's how to have endless chocolate:

Best-Optical-Illusions-2.gif
  • Mom_of_X
    Mom_of_X Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    i'd be giving most of it away - not because i couldn't control myself, but exactly how you explained the hot tea fix - i don't actually want all that much, but i'd eat it because it was there. on an off day, maybe all at once. on a slow day, graze all day long til it was gone.

lucky for me, i got ZERO junk for the 14th. :)
  • Josh_lol
    Josh_lol Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    46137980.jpg
  • xLittleMissVixenx
    Options
    I would ration it. I allow myself about 200 cals worth of chocolate every day anyway because I'd be miserable without it. I got lots of chocolate for Christmas and I've only just run out by having a little bit each day.
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Ration it out, and then write on the bag how many calories it is- so you know what you're having when you're eating it. It's how I portion out my nuts etc., for the week.
  • Kitty_McPlunder
    Kitty_McPlunder Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Helloo ;)

I try to save my daily chocolate/treat fix for a part of the day when I know I will appreciate it the most. - Like now, I've been good all day and finished work, so now I can watch some Markiplier and netflix and have those 3 choccies, because they taste the best now!. - If I ate them all throughout the day (or the whole lot at once) then they would just have been wasted. Plus, tomorrow I would be upset that I hadn't saved any for cwtchy times. Does that make sense? xxx
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Not only would I eat it all in one go, I absolutely DID eat it all in one go. I'm right at maintenance calories for that day, but under my goal for the week. And I'd do it again.
  • SallieBeige
    SallieBeige Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I am like Tara, I cannot ration it. It won't let me.
    I give it away as soon as I can! .... I have made some people very happy lately ... (including me).

Once I open it, it teases me and calls out to me. I can hear it, no matter where I hide it.
    im_a_chocolate__eat_me__by_pauchi31-d4snpyg.png
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I always say eat it all! Then it'll be gone and you won't be tempted!

And then the next day I just buy more chocolate :P
    Ration it!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    Don't be ridiculous, eat all of it, oy vey