Ways to make green smoothies taste better?

Options
2»

Replies

• lalee93
    lalee93 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Here are a couple of my favorite "green" smoothies. I alternate them every morning.

1 cup Dole frozen diced pineapple/mango mixture
    1/2 banana
    1 cup spinach
    1 8oz can of V8 +energy peach mango juice

1 cup mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries)
    1 cup spinach
    1 8oz can of V8 +energy blueberry pomegranate juice

All of my fruit and spinach is frozen. This gives it a much thicker consistency which I enjoy. I use a NutriBullet which can handle it, but a lower power blender may require more liquid or thawed fruit. If you don't like the seeds in the mixed berry smoothie, blend it a little longer to help break it up more. That really helped me.

Each of those smoothies are under 200 calories.

11837343.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ParkerH47
    ParkerH47 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    My first suggestion would be to do spinach instead of kale. Kale is tougher and more "earthy" tasting - not as easy to hide. even though kale is considered to be a "superfood" spinach actually has an amazing nutrient profile as well and is still SUPER healthy.

Here is what I have and I love it!

- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
    - 1/2 of a banana (sometimes frozen sometimes fresh)
    - spinach
    - small individual yogurt (plain if you can manage)
    - 1/2 cup of O.J.
    - enough water or coconut water to reach a good consistency
    - sometimes I add chia, or even a small tsp of almond butter - if i have them on hand
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    The best way to make those ingrediants better I'd to make kale chips, eat the banana, and have a glass of milk with a little chocolate syrup. And have a spinach salad later with a few chunks of apple, some chopped walnuts, and raspberry vinaigrette dressing. To each his own, but I'd find that much more satisfying than eating green foam.