How long to lose 40-50 pounds?

Options
Before I ask this question, I want to be clear that I understand EVERYONE is different. I'm just asking for more of a sample comparative basis to help formulate my goals. I am currently about 180 pounds, and I want to be about 135 pounds by September 1 (45 pound difference) because I have an event to attend with a particularly revealing get-up I have to wear.

So my question is, if you've lost the weight, how long did it take you to lose between 40-50 pounds and what did you do? And is my weight loss goal reasonable?

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    The weight loss goal is reasonable.

Plan on it taking six months, at least.
  • DaddyDave101
    DaddyDave101 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Like you say its hard to answer.

I have lost over 50 in just under 5 months with a couple of weeks break at christmas. No other way than hard work. Gym every week 4 or 5 times and eating clean. Logged everyday (bar christmas) and enjoyed my Saturdays.

Good luck!
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I would think that it is very unlikely that you'll be able to achieve that amount of weight loss in that amount of time, especially not in a healthy way. The closer you get to your ideal weight, the longer it's going to take to lose each pound. I would think it would take closer to a year.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    You are starting out at a much healthier weight than I was, but it took me around 7 months (slightly less) to lose 40 lb. I didn't exercise a ton (just lots of walking mixed with some bike rides, hikes, etc) and my MFP settings are at a loss of 1.5 lb/week. Which is pretty much exactly what I lost. Good luck.
  • aprilslusher
    aprilslusher Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    It took me around 9 months to lose close to 47lbs. I went from 167.4 lbs to 120.6lbs and I'm 5'3" :flowerforyou:
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    It's taken me nearly 9 months to lose 48 lbs.
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    230 to 186 in 6 months