Circuit Training and Pilates

Options
I keep reading how effective circuit training is for losing weight but I really enjoy pilates for flexibility. I understand that pilates is a form of strength training so I was wondering is it safe and effective to do pilates on the day after I do a circuit training workout. So my workout schedule would be Monday- circuit training, Tuesday-pilates, Wednesday- cardio dvd or circuit training, Thursday-pilates, Friday ( circuit training), Saturday-light cardio and off on Sunday. I just want to workout as effectively as possible without hurting myself.

Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I don't see why you couldn't. I circuit train three times a week with two pilates classes thrown in.
  • jkbunch
    jkbunch Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering because they say to have a day of recovery after strength training. But maybe circuit training is more considered cardio?
  • shazbox1
    shazbox1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    The day off is usually for heavier lifting and high impact to give the muscles you used a chance to repair themselves. You can probably get by without specific rest days between circuit training and cardio because they don't seem overly high impact to me, but it depends on what you are doing.
  • jkbunch
    jkbunch Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I am not doing anything to strenuous or high impact. I have been mainly doing Denise Austin's boot camp dvds. I