Should I change anything?

Options
I am at an average weight for my height, with a BMI of 22 currently, height 167cm, weight 62 kilos. I joined MFP about 3 weeks ago, as I had gained an extra 2 kilos or so, and was already in the process of trying to get more fit, so I thought MFP might help. Which it already has, as counting calories and nutrients made me realise a few foods I used to eat were not as innocent as I though, and I have lost the extra 2 kilos in these 3 weeks.
However, I would feel more comfortable losing an extra 5-7 kilos, which has been my weight range until 2-3 years ago, and/or getting back to being more fit in general (used to spend hours training pre kids, and hope to increase my activity in general). The weight is where I need some help, to figure out if I am on track or not.

I have a desk job, and 3 kids to chase around, so not much free time. Had been going to the gym twice a week for a while now, running not that regularly until a month ago, and have now decided to run at least 20-30 minutes 3-4 times per week, which I have been managing so far.

I estimate my TDEE at about 1800 and I have been eating these last weeks at 1500 calories or below (not on purpose when I go much lower, it just happens).
I lost 2 kilos the first week, it has been very slow since then.
The question is, should I be happy with this progress? Should I change something, and if yes, what? I am logging every single bite I eat and use a scale as much as I can. Any tips? Am I just not patient enough? Am I not good at logging things?

Replies

• refinedredbird
    refinedredbird Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    If you don't have a lot to lose in the first place, small losses are big wins. Any loss is progress. You also may be gaining muscle from your exercise and taking measurements will help you see that. Just be patient and make sure you eat enough. Not eating enough can be detrimental to your goals as well.