Let's do this Life Journey together

Options
Hi all! I am not new to MFP. I started my journey a little over a year ago. When I first started I was doing great! I even quit smoking (still am smoke free). Then I did some 5k mud challenges and ended up reinjuring my knee. What should have taken me out of commission for a few weeks.......ended up being close to three months. The knee did heal up pretty quickly but I think I got burnt out too. Now I have been back at it since mid dec. Haven't lost all the weight I put back on but I am on my way. This is not a sprint, it is a marathon. So long story short I am looking for some more friends. I lost a lot of great people from here when I took that time off (understandably so). I tend to have that group of friends (not all of them) right now that take and take but give nothing in return....you know what I mean?

So a little bit about me I am a single mom to two kids. Very active kids (sports, sports and more sports) haha. I tend to work out early mornings. Try to eat healthy, but not perfect. Install healthy eating habits with my children (but again not perfect) I don't believe in diet pills or drinking shakes for 2-3 meals a day. I believe in eating healthy with a calorie deficit and working out (yes I love lifting weights)

Can you relate? Add me :)

Replies

• brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    FR sent. Would love to have more friends to support and motivate. I'm here everyday.
    And good for you on quitting smoking.
  • jessykab74
    jessykab74 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Thanks and thanks for the add! Looking forward to getting to know you with your fitness goals
  • Forever4me
    Forever4me Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Sending request. Single mom with 3 active kids here. Your story resonates all too well with me. I've been active on MFP since last February. Was very committed last winter/spring and lost 25#. I hurt my knee in September (tore a ligament playing volleyball) and it was just the beginning of this year that I've been able to get back into working out (about 3 months recovery time for me as well). I worked hard to not gain any weight back, but I still have 25-30 left to lose, and it just seems like I can't get my head back in the game on a consistent basis. I try too to eat healthy and cook healthy for my kids and encourage activity. I am NOT a morning person, so my workouts are primarily after the kids go to bed between 9-10pm. I know not ideal, but it's when I can consistently accomplish them. Although I have some great friends, I don't have any that can relate to being a single mom (that I'm aware of), so would love and welcome friend requests as well. As you said, it is a marathon, not a sprint, and I'm OK with taking it slow because this will be the last time I will every need to lose this weight. But - I REALLY want the scale to start moving in the right direction again.
  • jpads1234
    jpads1234 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking for new friends
  • jessykab74
    jessykab74 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Sending request. Single mom with 3 active kids here. Your story resonates all too well with me. I've been active on MFP since last February. Was very committed last winter/spring and lost 25#. I hurt my knee in September (tore a ligament playing volleyball) and it was just the beginning of this year that I've been able to get back into working out (about 3 months recovery time for me as well). I worked hard to not gain any weight back, but I still have 25-30 left to lose, and it just seems like I can't get my head back in the game on a consistent basis. I try too to eat healthy and cook healthy for my kids and encourage activity. I am NOT a morning person, so my workouts are primarily after the kids go to bed between 9-10pm. I know not ideal, but it's when I can consistently accomplish them. Although I have some great friends, I don't have any that can relate to being a single mom (that I'm aware of), so would love and welcome friend requests as well. As you said, it is a marathon, not a sprint, and I'm OK with taking it slow because this will be the last time I will every need to lose this weight. But - I REALLY want the scale to start moving in the right direction again.

Sounds like we do have a lot in common. It is tuff not only being a single mom to to active kids. (my son is in Hockey and Baseball and my daughter is in Basketball and softball) But I only have 2 kids...I don't know how you do it :) Looking forward to getting to know :) Thanks for the friend request
  • pmr545
    pmr545 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm getting started on a 30lb weight loss journey... friends to encourage is something I would like. Good luck all!
  • JessyLovesJCS
    JessyLovesJCS Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm another JESSY! LOL

I'm also a divorced Mom of 3 kids, ages 15, 12 and 9. I have about 45 more pounds to go before meeting my initial goal (although I might go for another 25 after).

I sent a FR!
  • UnicornAmanda
    UnicornAmanda Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I'm a single mom to one active child lol. I'm on a journey to lose sixty more pounds. I have lost 13 recently so far but I have a long way to go. Feel free to add me and message me. I would love to talk to someone who had similar goals to me and we can support each other :)