Who else out there is an Apple...and HATES IT??

bacardigirl
bacardigirl Posts: 17 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I hate being a so-called Apple Shape. I have no hips, a small butt, narrow shoulders and all of my extra weight goes straight to my midsection! I wish I had the desired hourglass shape, but nope...no visible waist, whatsoever. I wear a size 4 pant, yet my actual natural waist measurement is 29-30". (I wear pants below my natural waist, hence why I can wear a 4) The most troubling part is that is is SO hard to lose weight and I know that carrying belly fat is the most dangerous kind. Any tips out there for losing the 'spare tire' and developing a more womanly shape? :(

Replies

• Unfortunately you can't spot reduce fat (complete bummer, I know). The only thing you can do is help your body lose fat as it sees fit and where it wants to, and hope it really, really wants to drop fat. My suggestion would be to pick up a good strength training routine (you won't get bulky -- you don't have the testosterone for it) -- more muscle = more fat burning capacity and find a nice interval cardio program that you like.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    I am! I am! I hate it too! Cardio works best for me. I have more to lose than you but am losing consistently. 6 inches off my waist thus far! I can see my feet now! LOL Good luck!
  • Adusenka
    Adusenka Posts: 108 Member
    Well I have a nice waistline and everything.. but my legs are much thinner than the rest of my body and I absolutely HATE my shoulders which are dominant in my body.. I have really wide shoulders and huge arms T_T which I am hoping to lose with this so much weight I'm losing.

Good luck everyone in your quest for your dream body! :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.