Eggs and Cholesterol (from Jillian Michaels)

Options
2»

Replies

• CharlotteAnneUK
    CharlotteAnneUK Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have high cholesteral, but the problem is not in eating eggs. "They contain minimal amounts and its the cholesteral that the body makes itself that causes the most damage, not all you eat."

Dont get me wrong (says the Dr who said whats in the quote marks above) eating too much is not great, but the protein and other nutirents in eggs outweigh the cholesteral intake.

Eggs get a bad wrap, eat and enjoy.....

Cant comment on butter as never discussed, but another one to enjoy in moderation. I would only cook mushrooms in butter though, everything else would be veg oil or pref 1 cal spray. oooh except chinese where I use groundnut oil....
  • eso2012
    eso2012 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I don't have cholesterol problems. Wondering though, do all doctors agree? I have seen a list from dr that still rules out egg yolks and butter. Personally, unless with medical advice, I believe in moderation in everything. Those "clean" diet....not for life IMO. Be good most of the time, know your stuff, but never turn down an occassional feast, and definitely don't ask for steam veg on brown rice when you travel :)
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    I don't have cholesterol problems. Wondering though, do all doctors agree? I have seen a list from dr that still rules out egg yolks and butter. Personally, unless with medical advice, I believe in moderation in everything. Those "clean" diet....not for life IMO. Be good most of the time, know your stuff, but never turn down an occassional feast, and definitely don't ask for steam veg on brown rice when you travel :)
    Leaving out eggs and butter is pretty much the conventional wisdom of most GP's unless they've studied nutrition more than what's provided. Basically it's an easy recommedation because it falls within the guidelines of the last 40 years, so why change.
  • YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I wish I like eggs, all those food options!!!! I literately feel like puking anytime I put one in my mouth, I've tried cooking them so many different ways :sad:

Best thing I can do is include them in baked recipes and things like banana pancakes and such.