Protein Bars that aren't actually candy...

Options
13»

Replies

• judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I love Quest Bars, Pure Protein bars and Detour Bars they are low sugar and high protein I eat one of them everyday also high fiber.
  • castlerobber
    castlerobber Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about ordering some quest bars, but they are expensive! What are the best flavors?

I'm still sampling, but so far I've liked cookies-and-cream and mixed berry the best, with chocolate brownie close behind. The only one I haven't liked so far has been chocolate chip cookie dough, which tasted like neither chocolate chips nor cookie dough.

My local GNC has been running a special--buy a certain number (two or three, I forget), get one free. I also ordered a 12-bar assortment directly from Quest, with a coupon code for free shipping, that got it down to $2/bar.
  • shadriel7
    Options
    I make my own protein balls that are dairy free and a lot cheaper than buying bars, especially the quest one (no offence to Quest, but on a uni budget they would be out of my league even if they didnt contain heaps of things im allergic to)

The recipe can be found here:

http://superallergyfood.blogspot.com.au/

Thank you for the link
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    In to read later
  • healthywtb
    healthywtb Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My teenagers sometimes eat "General Mills - Nature Valley - Protein Chewy Bar - Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate" (how it's listed in MFP) and say that there is less sugar than many other bars. They taste pretty good, are relatively inexpensive, and available in many stores.