Weighing In

Options
What time of day do you weigh in? Is there a certain day of the week you weigh in? If so, why?

Replies

• eyecandyrayce
    eyecandyrayce Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You always want to weigh in first thing in the morning after you go to the bathroom and with no clothes. It is the best way to get steady results.

I also weigh myself on Wednesday because mid-week feels consistent as well. My weekends have too many variables like not drinking as much water as I should or eating out for dinner on sunday. I never cheat during the week and always drink my water.
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Mornings after you do your business :P

I also do Wednesday. It's far away enough from the weekend that a little bit of indulging won't ruin anything, but close enough that I'm still motivated to eat close to my goal.
  • schula10
    schula10 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I like that! Makes total sense too! :) Thanks!!!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    First thing Friday morning. Weekends are my hardest time so it gives me the whole week to recover if I need to before I weigh again!
  • baileyang33
    baileyang33 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Friday mornings!!!! This gives me a week to clean up my weekend! ;)
  • snbouchard81
    snbouchard81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh in on Monday mornings but after reading some of the replies here, I may change to Wednesday. :-). I always weight in the morning before breakfast. :-)
  • lmhbuss
    lmhbuss Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning because I like to see the changes. This is NOT for everyone though. Some people get really freaked out if they see a two pound gain of water weight one morning or something. Also, some people become toooooo obsessive about it. I've just found that, for me, weighing only once per week gives the number on the scale more power over my feelings than I would like. You work all week, building up to this one moment and then BAM you're retaining water and don't see the number you want. Crushing defeat and feelings of sorrow ensue. I just do it every day and make it a normal part of my life. As long as I'm tracking my intake honestly and staying within my calorie limit, a sudden jump of two pounds won't disturb me because I KNOW I've done everything right and it must be water weight or period weight or whatever.
  • Momto4minions
    Momto4minions Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I like to weigh every morning, but i only record on Wed.
    I weigh every day, so .i can say to myself,"look, you knew that was a poor choice, and now you are retaining water." Etc etc.
    It helps me make choices that are more informed.

I like to record on Wed, because it seems pretty neutral. Not mid weekend, not post weekend. Not right before weekend where it might ruin my mood! Lol