Women - around 5'3 and 165 lbs

Options
Any other women out there around this height and weight? Or have been in the past? Interested in what ya'll are doing to shed the pounds! I have lost 16lbs so far but need a boost of motivation. Feel free to friend me if you'd like to support eachother.

Replies

• tiffya
    tiffya Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That sounds like me! I would like to lose at least 15 pounds. I am finding it tricky with 5 kids and 2 jobs.
  • jlmuise25
    jlmuise25 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and currently weigh 174. I have been down in the 160s and am trying to get back there now! You can definitely add me
  • deereb123
    deereb123 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    it's challenging but doable. Please feel free to friend me. encouragement from lots of people is the way to go! We CAN do this.
  • Fitnwhole78
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and 178 lbs and I'm looking for friends and weight loss buddies :)
  • softncudly
    softncudly Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 3.5". (I have been in the 150's/160's in the past.) Right now I'm a size 16/18 after losing almost 25 pounds. By my birthday (July 6th), I'd like to be at least a size 12. I think it 's doable...:happy:
  • Debbieclark11
    Debbieclark11 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Count me in!! I need some serious motivation..............I tried this once before but I am going at it a second time. It's hard to stay with Fitness Pal when you don't have any supporters! I am 5' 3", 166 lbs. :sad:

Trying to lose!!
  • Allterrain_Lady
    Allterrain_Lady Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I'm 5.3ft and currently aroung 154lbs. I started MFP at 185lbs but my highest ever was 198lbs.
    Progress pictures in my profile. It's takes commitment but it's doable!! Have faith in yourself!
  • Kari121869
    Kari121869 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Add me if you'd like!!! Currently 5'4 @ 174lbs.. started at 197lbs.. hoping to loose at least another 20lbs before my wedding in July 2014.... friends are the best motivators.. especially when you're hitting a 'slump'...
  • waglau
    waglau Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This sounds like me too! Just joined today and am looking for some motivating buddies here. Hoping to lose at least 20 by June.
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I am between 5'3" and 5'4" was nearly 190, now in the mid 150s, aiming to lose 15 more.

I do the New Rules of Lifting for Women program 3x a week, and cardio intervals (usual sprinting) another 2-3x, plus calorie counting.
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I just friended you!

I'm 5'3.5" and teetering around 165-163. The scale hasn't officially budged for the month of February, but I have lost inches. I've also been netting 1550 calories.

I don't restrict anything in my diet, I just make sure I have a caloric deficit.

I try to work out every day, but I think I actually work out 4-5 days a week. I like the elliptical, treadmill on an incline and I use dumbbells (12-17.5lbs) for squats and lunges and arm workouts. I also use a pullup bar to do ab exercises and to practice assisted pullups to help with back/shoulder muscles.

I'm hoping the no lb loss and 1" loss means I'm simply toning my muscle underneath all of my fat!

My "ultimate" goal weight is 120-125.
  • scyian
    scyian Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I'm a similar height, but a lower weight. Though I was probably in the 170lbs when I was my heaviest. I'll send a request, but everyone, feel free to add me.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    Options
    <==== 162 lbs 5'3" size 4/6 Weight is only a number ladies.
  • IbiH
    IbiH Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I started 2 years ago.... 5'2", 160lbs January 2013, hit my target weight 120lbs in one year. I've now been on maintenance for a year and hover +/- 3lbs.
    I now do lots more running, because I can, my skiing technique has improved and I can now buy/wear clothes that look good and fit perfectly.
  • kdeanosu
    kdeanosu Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3". I started at 171 in Jan., 2014 and am currently around 163. GW is 131. I use the elliptical and have a few Jillian Michaels DVD I just started using. I'd love more friends approx. my height/weight/goals. Friend me if you'd like more support.
  • McMellll
    Options
    i'm 5'1". ended my pregnancy at probably b\t 200-205. lost a ton of water weight from swelling and officially started my weight loss journey around 155. gained up to 160 over christmas and I am now down to 149. changing the way i eat has been the only thing that has worked for me so far, and that's how i've lost 10 lbs in the last few weeks. feel free to add!
  • mistyloveslife
    mistyloveslife Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    5'4" started at 171.4. Down to 162.4 I log in everyday but haven't been the most faithful about my food journal. I'm debating making it public so you guys can yell at me. That might keep me faithful. Anyone who wants to add me please do! It's all about accountability friends. Let's do this!
  • Andrea8304
    Andrea8304 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is me too! I'm only 5 feet and am currently 164lbs....I find every pound makes a difference on my short frame!

I've tried my fitness pal in the past without adding any friends, so this time (I started again in January) I've sent a bunch of friend requests and I find having friends to keep you motivated makes a huge difference! I've lost 12 pounds so far and am committed to losing the weight this time! I'm 26 years old and I want to get in shape now so I don't have to keep fighting this battle for the rest of my life!!

Feel free to add me as a friend! :)
  • kge0891
    kge0891 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2.5" and my heaviest weight was 167 and that was nearly 4 years ago! My weight loss has been slow and has had it's ups and down (I struggle with BED), I am currently 134 lbs and 10-15 lbs from my first goal weight (I've never been skinny, so it's hard to tell what weight will look best with my body frame).

Add me as a friend if you'd like :smile:
  • smanning1982
    smanning1982 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Im 5'4 and was at 178 (my highest non pregnant weight ever) on Jan 1st when I started "dieting" again. I am now down to 163 by just sticking to around 1400 calories a day. I got down to 135 2 summers ago and gained it all back so I am determined to not "diet" but make a lifestyle change this time around!

every other diet Ive done I have really restricted myself then I binge. This time I am not! I am still eating my favorite foods and staying arouind my 1400 calories, give or take a little each day. Last week, for instance, I ate at Kobe's one night and even had a strawberry daquari, and ate pizzahut one night. Every other meal was good that week and I still lost 2 lbs! I am eating Burger King (Big king yum!) tonight and still will only be at 1393 calories for the day, but I have been craving burger king for a while now ;)