gained 3 pounds.

Options
Every two weeks I go out to a bar with friends and get steak nachos and four or five beers. On an average day I eat around 1600 cals. On these off days I eat around 3200. I go to the gym an extra hour those days. I usually stay the same weight or maybe up about pound. Today I was up three and now I'm really depressed. I'm trying to stay around 1300 cals for today. This was not real weight right?

Replies

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    It was real weight ... but probably comprised of liquids. You did not put on a pound, nevermind three, of fat in one night. That takes a surplus of over 10,000 calories.
  • TeriaShae
    TeriaShae Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    It's nearly impossible to gain three pounds just overnight. Keep your head up. More than likely it's water weight.
  • bradXdale
    Options
    Just remember you can't exercise out a bad diet or binge / cheat / caloric surplus. I mean technically if you literally worked out those 10,000 calories.

It could be water retention to be honest with you. Those nachos are probably LOADED with sodium, which that excess sodium will make you hold water weight.

Do you take body measurements? You can always take those every two to three weeks to compare numbers. Remember the scale can be a liar because your weight fluctuates daily. I weighed three days ago at 257, this morning 259. Don't get discouraged as it's just a number.

Take in account how you've been feeling, the progress you've made and how good you are doing. A twice a month cheat will not throw you off course that hard. I eat a medium sized waffle cone of soft serve every month or I will legit go crazy on a sweets binge.

Also what's your BMR (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/tools/bmr-calculator)...make sure you are eating that number of calories or just under that like I do.

Just some things to consider. Message me if you need more help.

-bxd