My WII...is a SOB!!!

Options
I hadn't been on my WII Fitness for about 2 1/2 months....then I moved it into one of our spare bedrooms. It has a thicker carpet than the rug I usually put the weighing board on in the living room. So I get on the board and it tells me that I had lost 22 pounds in the last 2 1/2 months...which I thought was a little high, but I was happy. So a week later and 8.5 pounds more lost, I had to move it back to the living room. I got on the board and it told me I had gained 20 pounds in the previous 2 days.....lol. I knew it was lying to me...but me and my WII Fitness are back on track now and..it will stay in the living room for good now!!!

Replies

• JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Holy Smokes! That's a huge difference the carpet makes. WOW

I love working out on my Wii. Do you have the Wii Fit Plus? Last night I did the biking around the island, expert level.........OMG....It took me like an hour to find all the flags, it was crazy!
  • mjgriff44
    Options
    That sounds soooo cool...def going to have to get the plus!!!
  • ashley_h10
    ashley_h10 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    i personally hate the wii fit! LOL I did it continuously for 2 hours everyday and i did not shed a pound, in fact, i gained! I was eating good also. because of this, i have put mine in the back of my storage hahaha
  • mjgriff44
    Options
    Hi Ashley...I mostly use it for the weigh ins!!
  • ladyofivy
    Options
    Aww haha!

Just curious, did you put the feet on your board when it was on the carpet and take them off on the hardwood? That's what it recommends.

I :heart: Wii Fit Plus! I do the yoga routine almost every day. :smile:
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Holy Smokes! That's a huge difference the carpet makes. WOW

I love working out on my Wii. Do you have the Wii Fit Plus? Last night I did the biking around the island, expert level.........OMG....It took me like an hour to find all the flags, it was crazy!

I love island cycle on wii fit plus. I was so dissapointed there is no more levels after the balloons. I hope they come up with an upgrade or I am going to have to find a new obsession.
  • mjgriff44
    Options
    It was all thick carpet in the spare room......and a like berber rug in the living room....I had a feeling about the huge weight loss!!! lol:wink:
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    :blushing: Sometimes I move my scale from my bathroom floor out into my bedroom floor to see the lower weight. :laugh:
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Do you have the little carpet extender legs on it? I've found it to be pretty accurate on carpet but I have the little legs on it. I've also read that you should make sure you don't move around a lot when it's doing the initial weighing or it can skew the results.

I also love the Wii Fit Plus! I just got it a couple weeks ago, and I think I'll need a different game to get a better workout but I find the Wii Fit Plus tons of fun and it gets me moving. I got bored with the regular Wii Fit after a couple months or so and I'll probably do the same with the Wii Fit Plus, but it has some new fun games. I also like that I can weigh my fat cat with Wii Fit Plus :P
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Now I am scared. I use the wii for my weigh-ins. It has seemed acurate because it doesn't vary to much in a day. I am scared to move it to another room and try it again. I would be devistated if I gain it all back. It's not that I don't think I have lost the weight because I've always measured on the same surface. I am just scared I would end up above the 200 mark again and I couldn't face that number again.
    I love wii fit plus. Want more.....
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    Options
    Ha ha....wow, stupid Wii! My sister had a similar issue with hers. She ended up weighing in at the gym and comparing it, turned out the Wii was a "lying sack-o-crap"! I am actually planning on buying one for my kids (really should say it's for me)...I've heard so many great things, I want to try it out! Glad you got yours straightened out! :happy:
  • tater8589
    Options
    I went to the store to buy Wii fit and was told that 85% of the people who buy it bring it back. If you talk to some one at Game Stop they can tell you what the best seller is that they don't get many back, and have the best reviews. I forgot which one they told me, and they were out of it, now that I just got paid I may go back in to order it.
  • smileyface45
    smileyface45 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I READ ON THIS SITE THAT WE WAS COMMING OUT WITH ZUMBA
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I went to the store to buy Wii fit and was told that 85% of the people who buy it bring it back. If you talk to some one at Game Stop they can tell you what the best seller is that they don't get many back, and have the best reviews. I forgot which one they told me, and they were out of it, now that I just got paid I may go back in to order it.
    I've heard that about Wii Fit too, but Wii Fit Plus I've heard is MUCH better and way more fun...
  • mjgriff44
    Options
    It's OK...whatever we need to get it done!!!! :tongue:
  • mjgriff44
    Options
    I forgot about those...probably still in the box...thanks for reminding me!!! I'm old and forget things sometimes!! :bigsmile:
  • klmmoore
    klmmoore Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    The wii IS coming out with Zumba in November!!!!
  • mjgriff44
    Options
    Watch out Tater..they may just be trying to sell a more expensive unit!!! :noway:
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    The wii IS coming out with Zumba in November!!!!

Now that would be fun!
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I was bored with my Wii Fit and frustrated too almost right away. I don't use it any more, not even to weigh in. I think it's fun for people who like video games, but it's not really much of a workout and, if you don't like video games, all the stuff that supposedly makes it "fun" makes you want to scream! Like not being to jump to the level you are at, but having to unlock all these shorter/easier levels on the way up.

It's scale is supposed to be very accurate though.

But the number on the scale doesn't matter. It's what size you are and whether you are going down. I have a scale in the bedroom that I always use in the morning and it's pretty close to my one doctor's office. My old scale was very consistent but it was consistently .5-1 lb higher than the scale at my doctor's office. But I can work with that. It's the ones that you get on them 3 times in a row and they give you 3 wildly different weights that are a problem.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!