Big fat Matt.

Options
Ok, brace yourself, this is going to hurt.

When I was 6 months old I suffered from an abdominal hernia.
I have struggled with my weight all my life, like so many people. When I was a kid I was Fat Matt on the playground. I ate, because it made me feel good, because the food tasted good, and the feeling of being full was a substitute for being fulfilled, content, secure, and happy.
My lightest was about 200lbs when I was a Jr in high school and played football. I was a good looking fella.
When I was 32 I suffered from an misdiagnosed abscess on my colon that landed me in the hospital for a month, several surgeries, a colostomy bag, and resection surgery, and about a year lost.
When I was 34 I had my 4 front teeth knocked out, well, actually up into my nose though the upper plate, in a work accident with my father.
When I was 36 I had yet another hernia.
When I was 39 I had an abdominal hernia, an emergency surgery that went so wrong I was put into an induced coma for a month before being transferred to Henry Ford in Detroit because the hospital I was at was not equip to deal the the massive and truly horrendous mess I had become at their hands.
I did not get out of the hospital until after I turned 41.
And I am still messed up. The Mesh they installed for the hernia has not healed in right, I have had open wounds for over a year, open fistulas in the upper intestines (that were fixed surgically last year). I've been classified as handicapped. My abdominal muscles are split down the center, there is barley skin covering the intestines (you can actually see them move under the skin. It is SOOOO GROSSS!), My activity has been limited, I can't exerciser, for fear of splitting open like a ripe Mellon. My current weight is 384 and I need to loose about half that for another surgery. I've been fighting it for a year already, turned down for Bariatric surgery, I'm on my own. It is literally Do or Die.
So here I am. Trying again and again everyday.
And how are you?

Replies

• StarFall90
    StarFall90 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi Matt! First off, wow you have been through a lot, but you are here and ready to change and that is the first step in anything. I'm fairly new here as well, been fat my ENTIRE life. Frankly I'm sick of the fat and want it gone, I too need to lose 200 pounds. Feel free to add me, I'm always up for talking and giving encouragement. :)