RED MEAT - Often, Sometimes or Never?

Options
2»

Replies

• ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I try often, but it ends up being a sometimes option.

FYI: Pork is considered a 'white' meat, but it is actually a red meat.

I prefer beef and pork over chicken any day of the week.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    there is no "good" or "bad" food, there is just food that you use for energy …

so there is nothing inherently bad or good about eating red meat. I like it because it tastes great and is high in protein …

I probably eat red meat about three to four times a week...
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Often.

Unconscious, if possible, or rare if not.
  • brock_west_houston
    Options
    Unconscious - Lol. I've never had a rare steak. I guess I'm missing out? It is safe to eat?
  • Skarlet13
    Skarlet13 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I eat red meat all the time. I love it.
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Sometimes! But that's just my personal preference, as I love a good, medium rare filet. Just don't go for the ol' 96-er!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    It depends...when I do red meat, it's often a brisket or roast of some kind, so we usually have leftovers and we'll eat meat 3-4 times during the week with the leftovers. Other weeks I may not have any beef. I also eat a lot of chicken and fish as well as lean cuts of pork like pork tenderloin. I really don't think of any meat product as being inherently unhealthy as to avoid it or strictly limit consumption.

I tend to also eat a lot more beef in the summer as I enjoy cooking burgers on the grill. I also like making sure I have a nice rare beef filet at least a couple of times per month.
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat as much of it as I once did, but I do love a good juicy steak now and then.

I actually eat more fish than anything else - people have asked me if I'm a pescatarian before.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    As a kid and teenager: about once a week

Ages 20-35: about once a month, sometimes less. I was a huge fan of chicken then.

Last year: not at all, I was pescetarian for a year. Did not miss the pork or poultry, but found myself craving beef.

Now: about once a week or 2-3 times per month. I don't prepare red meat at home and I am picky about bones, fatty bits, etc...so it's usually a greasy burger or delicious strips/chunks from somewhere like Chipotle or in Korean or Thai food.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I eat "meats" every day, mostly chicken and fish, followed by beef and pork, and some turkey too. They are my main source of animal protein and I supplement it with eggs, Greek yogurt, cheese and cottage cheese. I don't like lamb or game meat so I don't eat it at all.

But I do love my plant based protein too, specially beans and lentils. I was raised eating beef everyday, while chicken and fish were a once a week stapler; I just switched the order.