Need Advice for sit ups, but lifts & leg lifts

Options
I have the treamill & walking pretty easy to calculate. I dont have a calorie counter on me but it's time to focus on those problems areas I see the option for sit ups but it's only calculating for how long not for how many. No option for but lifts or leg lifts.

What is your routine for these options & how many sets do you do? How much does each burn?
So many questions I know..I would like to figure them in each day.

Please tell me all of your routines. I need ideas

Thanks,
Lynda:smile:

Replies

• biggphatdaddy
    Options
    The standard answer for this board is get a heart rate monitor. LOL
    Some of us can't afford one. So we have to deal with the calorie counters online which count based on time for the most part. The problem I find with that is the numbers are always so low for the strength training stuff. But my only option to get a number that is more accurate is to buy an HRM.
    So I deal with the numbers on here, and anything above and beyond them is a super secret surprise that only reveals itself on weigh in day...
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    You are going to burn your maximum calories in strength training when you tie it into a cardio workout. That is what I have always been told. The Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred is the best one I have found for me. There are several out there though.
  • chichi1967
    Options
    Thank you Thank you. It's looks like were going shopping...I actually have a weight machine for my legs & butt and the burn tells me probably everything mfp doesn't. I've seen the jillian michaels dvd's..wish she could come to my house.

Lynda:wink:
  • Memah
    Memah Posts: 129
    Options
    When I ride my recumbent bike I extend my arms out in front of me and "pump" then, kind of like the pedals of a bicycle so that when the right arm is up the left arm is down. Then I switch to side to side, then to up and down. I know this isn't for sit ups, butt lifts or leg lifts, but it IS core work (under the ribs down to thighs so it includes abs). I do each 100 times per arm.

I also do -- remember, I'm a beginner -- 20 leg lifts while lying on a couch or bed while on my back, and then I do 20 each when on my left side, then right side. I don't find that bad at all, and will be looking to increase the number.

I do have real pain in my lower back, so I take it easy.

Maggie
  • chichi1967
    Options
    Thanks alot:smile: