Hello! Ready to Lose 100 Pounds

Options
Hi there,

I've heard so much about MyFitnessPal that I decided to give it a try. After two days, I can't believe how much I LOVE it!

My weight loss journey started in January of 2012. For the past two years, I've been in a process of changing many habits, but haven't permanently lost any fat.

I'm now at a point where some good habits are in place and I have a good foundation. For example, I drink 80+ ounces of water every day, I do some form of movement every day and not only do I eat a salad every day, but I no longer struggle with sugar addiction (yay)! It has taken me two years of effort to form habits to the point that if I don't do these things, I feel like I'm having an off day. It's been so worth it.

I'm now really ready to do what it takes to burn the fat and I've been concentrating on my plan for the past week or so. I've tracked my calories once and a while in a spreadsheet in the past, but I can see that I really need to tell myself the truth each day about what I'm eating if I want to get serious.

In November, I stopped my daily walking as it was too dark in the mornings and I started rebounding (just a health bounce) thinking it would be the same exercise. I realize now that it wasn't (even though I have received benefits from bouncing)! I've gained just a couple pounds and my shirts don't fit anymore! This (along with some other factors) has been the catalyst to get me serious.

I'm only 5' 0" and weigh 230 pounds and in my mid 40s. I want to no longer be held back by my unhealthy body because I have a great desire to be more active outdoors with my family! Thanks for reading.

Replies

• mel5580
    mel5580 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome..I am also trying to lose 100+ pounds..please feel free to add as a friend and we can support each other :) Best of luck to you
  • Jeanne130LBS
    Jeanne130LBS Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. sounds like you are motivated to do this. You will not believe the boost in self esteem and energy. I wish you all the best. Some days it seems hard to stay within the calorie limits, and other days it seems easy. Try to think of how many pounds you will be down in a year if you can lose even 1 lb a week. Good Luck!
  • Hello and welcome I am trying to lose that much also. I have lost 23lbs. in total a little less since finding this site. My daughter introduced me to this site. Would love to add you as a friend in the weight lose battle but IDK how. I am 48 and 5'1' and weighed in at about 244 but have lost to 221.
  • madaboutmitch
    Options
    Good luck! You can- and will- do it!
  • Awesome job! Keep going!
  • player30
    player30 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Welcome. MFP has been a big help for me in the last month. Feel free to add me; I am on an 80# journey, but I already feel healthier.
  • bhamilt09
    Options
    Hello,
    I am new to this site.
    Feel free to add me and we can reach our goals together.
    Im trying to loose 50-60 pounds :)
  • rmp1977
    rmp1977 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have 153 lbs to lose and I began Optifast 6 days ago. Welcome to the site- I joined it 6 days ago and mainly use it for tracking my food and water intake. It is SO easy to do. I weigh in tomorrow. A lot of us are on this same journey and we all take different paths. Ultimately what we all want is good health. Hang in there. You can do this!!! I am 353 and 5'9" just to give you an idea. I'm in a 26/28, sometimes a 30 in other clothes. I need to be able to purchase a 14 that is not in the plus size store.....working there. This is a life change- not another diet. We all know that doesn't work. Add me as your friend and we can check in here and there.
  • Nix_Way
    Nix_Way Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome! I have about 200 more to lose! I LOOOOVE MFP! I have some back issues and anxiety issues. Feel free to peek at my profile to learn more about me!

I log daily and comment as often as I can!
    Feel free to friend me! :)

Nix :flowerforyou:
  • CathyK108
    CathyK108 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also need to lose that magical 100 lbs. I can't believe that I walk around on a daily basis carrying all of that extra weight. I have done this several times over the past 6 months; however I tend to lose interest too easily. I'm not sure what will be different this time but I am trying. Maybe some additional motivation and support will make the difference . Day one down, everything recorded, day 2 just around the corner.
  • dianesheart88
    dianesheart88 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Your on the right track!! Feel free to add me for support!:smile:
  • slimjame
    slimjame Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hello! I always love hearing the moments when everyone decided that enough was enough; letting change finally take place. When I first started MFP I had about 140 pounds to lose. I loved everything about MFP from how easy it is to hold yourself accountable to how wonderful/supportive all of the people that you meet end up being. I have been doing this for almost 7 months now and have lost 70.5lbs, putting me at about my half-way mark. I still have about 70lbs to go, but I am so motivated and have learned so much during this time that I know that I'll be there before I know it. The one thing that I have realized is that it is important to have that support system :) feel free to add me!
  • HealthyAim
    HealthyAim Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hello...we have similar weight loss goals. I lost a lot of weight (almost 50 pounds) last year using MFP, but I fell off the wagon and I've gained quite a bit of it back. I recently re-committed to MFP again and am back to food and exercise logging. My knee joints were feeling better last year and a lot of my stomach issues I had went away last year when I lost the weight. Some of these problems are coming back with the added weight so I am kicking it in gear to get back on track. Feel free to friend request me and we can support each other through this healthy journey!

Best,
    Amy
  • lindabeth333
    lindabeth333 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am also new to MFP and have a similar weight loss goal. I love the food diary so I can really see how much I am eating and even though exercise is not my favorite activity - I love the extra calories it allows me. Please add me as a friend and we can support each other on the way to a healthier life.
  • nicolegrimes35
    Options
    You will get this, and it all begins with little changes, because those little changes will turn into big ones!! Welcome!