Binged

Options
I just binged today after an already off track weekend. I feel sfreaking out of control and I hate myself for it. I know, back on the horse but I just hate myself right now.

Not sure what I am looking for here but I guess I just needed to get it out.

Planning to go to bed so I don't eat anything more.

Replies

• tracywintn
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over it. Acknowledge it wasn't the smartest or best choice and do better tomorrow. A few days aren't going to matter in the long run. Know this is a learning process and you don't have to be perfect.I hope you have a better day tomorrow!!
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Bet its because you're eating 1200 calories and that goal is too low for you.

Reassess your goals. Be less aggressive.
  • kimboa62
    Options
    I had a bad day too. I pigged out on cheese and ate a whole french sourdough baguette with a few beers. It could have been much worse though. I used up all my calories in one sitting plus a few snacks. I have the hardest time at night. I'm over 30 calories today so I'm going to get on my elliptical trainer again for 10 minutes after my stomach digests this pig out. ughhh!
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over it. Acknowledge it wasn't the smartest or best choice and do better tomorrow. A few days aren't going to matter in the long run. Know this is a learning process and you don't have to be perfect.I hope you have a better day tomorrow!!

^^This^^

It sucks (I've been there) but don't let a couple of crummy days get you off course.
  • Rodbow15
    Rodbow15 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I definitely feel your pain. Not only did I have a Swiss roll but I also ate a 3pc at Popeyes with a little bit of fries and red beans and rice. I worked out extra hard to burn it off but I still feel like crap for it. I mean dieting is tough, like really effing tough, but after a while hopefully you adjust to it. When you get cravings do something you enjoy ( other than eating). My thing is to play video games or draw, and fill yourself up on water and other low calorie snacks if you can fit it in your budget. I'm no expert, and I may even be wrong, but this is usually what I do to reduce the cravings.
  • Keliandra
    Keliandra Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Don't let it get you down, but try to figure out what triggered you. I binged this weekend myself, a couple glasses of wine, some chocolate mousse...well, then I ate chocolates, about 7 of them :flowerforyou: So ok, no wine when chocolates are near!
  • kbkeats
    kbkeats Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I binged hard on Saturday night too. Wings for dinner, beer at the lacross game, more drinks afterwards, then ended the night with chinese at 4am!
    Lots of water and a long walk on Sunday helped me feel better. And let's be serious - falling off the wagon is a lot of fun occasionally :drinker:
  • ab_1203
    ab_1203 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day, focus on that. Leave this in the past.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options

My thoughts as well.

Also, OP, stop beating yourself up, everybody overdoes it sometimes no matter what their calories allowance.

My calorie allowance is pretty high due to my exercise regime, and I still ate four cookies the other day. What did I do? Logged it in and moved on. I still ate dinner several hours later, even though it pushed me above my calorie goal. I don't skip meals and I don't deprive myself, but 99% of the time I stay within my calorie goals for the week.
  • kimboa62
    Options
    I need to do a proper food shopping trip tomorrow or the next day. I only had enough $$ to pick up a few items at the market today so some cheese and bread jumped into my shopping cart. I crave it. Love all salty stuff. If I have the house stocked with the right items I seem to be able to control myself a little better. Have to wait for payday. $$ is the root of all evil. It's even making me fat. LOL!
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options

^This

Estimate your TDEE and subtract 20% (subtract less if you have less than 15ish pounds to lose). Don't confuse BMR with TDEE. Google is your friend :flowerforyou:

If you have less to lose, your goal may be too aggressive. I have about 5 pounds to lose and I want to maximize fat loss while minimizing muscle loss. I lift heavy and eat a lot of protein (usually 100-140g during the week). I would be so hangy (hungry + angry) on 1200 calories and would likely binge as well. I probably wouldn't be able to successfully squat 175lbs either.
  • sshintaku
    sshintaku Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I've been eating well for the past two months or so. Yesterday, I had Mongolian BBQ, a chocolate cheesecake cupcake and Melting Pot full fondue dinner. I logged it, hit yoga first thing this morning, drinking a ton of water, and don't feel the least bit guilty. It's important to relax and do things some times.
  • florentinovillaro
    florentinovillaro Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    To keep it simple. Raise your calories by 100 per day and wait 1-2 weeks. If the binges stop, you've hit your sweet spot. If they continue, raise it up another 100 then and see. No one finds their "magic" number without allowing enough time to go by. Listen to your body, it will tell you if you're eating enough or not. Right now it's overcompensating because you're shorting it.
  • Seabee74
    Seabee74 Posts: 314
    Options
    Ok, do that and start fresh tomorrow.
  • poorlittlefish
    poorlittlefish Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I had a good night sleep and feel ready to hit it again.

Regarding calories, I met with a RD and had my metabolism tested....the thing where you wear the mask. Anyways, she suggested 1200 on non workout days and 1500 on days i do work out. I will consider what you have all said. I am not In a big hurry to lose the weight but want to drop a pound a week at least. I have 20lbs to lose.