What muscle groups are best to workout together?

Options
Currently making a workout routine. I'm curious about which muscle groups should be worked out together for the most beneficial result?

Any advice is appreciated.

Replies

• IVMarkIV
    IVMarkIV Posts: 116
    Options
    It really doesn't matter as long as you aren't working the same groups on consecutive days
    Upper body/lower body/upper body/lower body splits 4days a week are very manageable
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Since any advice is needed, if you don't know which groups to workout together, it is likely you should not be making your own program. I would suggest that you get a program that someone has designed. I would personally suggest something like Stronglifts 5x5 for beginners. Its focus is on big compound lifts which will establish a solid base to work from.

Also, yes it matters which groups you work together since for example, when you work your back muscles, your biceps will be involved as well. Thus if you do back one day and biceps the next you would be working biceps twice in successive days.
  • shazbox1
    shazbox1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I usually do back/biceps, chest/triceps, legs.
  • scottYBRIDGEWATER
    Options
    M: LEGS
    W: CHEST/BICEPS
    F: BACK/TRICEPS
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Dude, if you have to come to a forum to ask this question, you shouldn't be putting together your own program...

Follow a tried-and-true beginners program: Starting Strength, Stronglifts 5x5, NROL, All Pro's SBR or Greyskull LP are all valid beginner's choices.
  • ASAPxAgge
    ASAPxAgge Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I appreciate it.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    We always grouped things together by pushes or pulls.