Kidney Stones really crimped my style! LOL

Options
Wow I never endured so much pain until last week when I got a kidney stone (or when it decided to move). I have since had surgery last Friday to have it removed and this has totally threw my fitness routine out of whack. Can't wait to recover. Anyone else have these evil little rocks in them. Hopefully is was a once in a lifetime event.

Replies

• 1pandabear
    1pandabear Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Wishing you a fast recovery. Yes I had them and they really hurt! I read a book about kidney stones that quoted a solder, who said it hurt more than getting shot.
  • lexcoulstring
    lexcoulstring Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Wishing you a fast recovery. Yes I had them and they really hurt! I read a book about kidney stones that quoted a solder, who said it hurt more than getting shot.

My family like showed no support basically saying, its only Kidney Stones...... They are so painful. Thats quite a quote you read!
  • MissMegannLee
    MissMegannLee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Wishing you a speedy recovery! I myself have never ever had a kidney stone. I hear they are beyond painful, I am hoping I never get one. I am a baby when it comes to certain pain and with how everyone explains to me on how bad it hurts..I don't even want to be in that boat!
  • lexcoulstring
    lexcoulstring Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Wishing you a speedy recovery! I myself have never ever had a kidney stone. I hear they are beyond painful, I am hoping I never get one. I am a baby when it comes to certain pain and with how everyone explains to me on how bad it hurts..I don't even want to be in that boat!

I know its more common in males because the woman has a hormone that supposes to prevent them. I can't explain the pain I went and am going through still after. But someone told me its equal to woman labour pains. Then in a week I got to go back and get the stent pulled out :noway:
  • GummyHuman
    GummyHuman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I have had kidney stones (passed them more than once) and I have had contractions while in labor and i can tell you, the pain is similar. The difference is that the kidney stone pain didn't come and go like labor pain, it came and stayed for hours and hours.

And I have heard that it's worse for men and they can often pass out from the pain.