Vegetarian/ Vegans: Recipes for getting Protein?

Options
Hello
I am a vegetarian and have been for about 7 years now. I do eat eggs. I however have noticed that I am pretty low on energy lately, and not ever really reaching the protein goal ( even knowing many individual things that have protein in them. Do any of you have low fat, high protein recipes that are good and helpful when on a fitness plan?
Would appreciate any support, friend requests( with mutual dietary restrictions) and any advice!

Replies

• omgdramabye
    Options
    My favourite go to place for recipes is Pinterest.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I second Pinterest.

Also, I have a go-to soup I always make and make a big batch of it so I can eat it for lunch or when I'm lazy.

Usually includes carrots, broccoli, baby red potatoes, tofu, and cabbage... and whatever seasonings I find. Usually like italian/garlic kinda stuff. I always add a little lime juice or lemon juice on top of a bowl and some hot sauce :P

Can't guarantee you'll like it since I am not a particularly picky eater; but my husband enjoys it :)
  • scg17
    scg17 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I don't have recipes saved, but:
    Whey protein powder smoothie
    Cottage cheese omelette (anything with eggs or cottage cheese, honestly)
    Whole wheat
    Yogurt
  • florentinovillaro
    florentinovillaro Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Beans and legumes.
  • RamaAkyer
    RamaAkyer Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    play around with legumes (White beans, chick peas, lentils are my favorite), Tofu (I love Tofu!), soy meat products, dairy products, eggs.

I usually pick some type of legume and cook it with either tofu, soy meat. or have eggs on the side.
    I basically saute them, add some spices and eat with brown rice or quinoa, or sweet potato

And whey protein is one of the easiest / most convenient / cheapest protein sources

Hope it helps :) I have some recipes uploaded on MFP as well.