How much greek yogurt do you eat per day?

I've been eating almost 2 cups of plain fat free fage everyday. Usually it's 1.5 cups, but just curious. I usually mix in protein powder, nuts seeds, butters, etc but now that I think of it, I'm going through like 1.5 of the giant 8 serving tubs. If cals didn't matter, I could easily eat 3-4 cups in a day.

My diary is open, pretty balanced, but just curious if there are any negative effects associated with 1-2 serving greek yogurt per day? Its so addicting and hard to cut back!

I'm going to try adding in some cottage cheese and kefir in my diet too.

Replies

• Whoops, meant 1.5 tubs per week, not day lol
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    I usually just have one of the small pots, 170g, 0% or 2% Fage each day. In the past, I did sometimes get through one of the large tubs in an evening. I have mine with just a little agave nectar, nothing else added. I sometimes would have quark instead as it was cheaper. I also have cottage cheese a few times a week. I don't think I could give up my dairy.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    225g a day, with agave and fruit of choice.

I go through 1 3/4 tubs a week.
  • Hmm, pretty sure I've gone through maybe half a tub on a crazy day before. I would actually muchhh rather have it than ice cream, weird haha.

I've heard so much about quark and wish I could find it here, but I'll just have to wait until I travel it guess.

But thanks for making me feel a little less weird guys! :D
  • mikemsu
    mikemsu Posts: 77 Member
    Funny you should ask today - I had 3 Dannon Light & Fits today. A Raspberry in my Overnight Oatmeal breakfast; a blueberry in my snack Chocolate / PB2 protein smoothy; and a Raspberry Chocolate Blends with chocolate granola added. YUMmmmm!!! I normally have 1 or 2 per day. Based on my loss experience, I'd say there are no side effects!
  • aldousmom
    aldousmom Posts: 382 Member
    None.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Post-workout:

1 cup Fage 0% (contains 15 grams casein)
    1 scoop Syntha-6 mixed in
    1 shot of coconut oil
    1 piece of fruit

45P/40C/20F

4 days a week...
  • Lately greek yogurt has been my go to breakfast. I'll have 1.5 cup of Fage' s full fat yogurt with 1 tsp maple syrup (or honey) and 1 cup berries, typically blueberries or strawberries. It's so yummy!
  • tiddles_yeah
    tiddles_yeah Posts: 117 Member
    None

i eat zero

vegan
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,032 Member
    I've always hated yogurt, but I've started using unsweetened greek in stuff and I really like it, it turns out I just dislike it as a 'sweet'. I even used it in mashed potato last night because I was out of milk and sour cream, and it was yummy!
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    I consume about 2 cups of kefir a day.

That is probably equivalent to 2 cups of greek yoghurt, but it is more runny.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    I usually go through about 64 oz a week, so a little more than 8 oz. a day. Love that stuff.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Depends on my mood. I used to eat it more. I'm more into ricotta right now.
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    I don't eat it daily, but I will have one of the small containers of Fage blueberry or honey 3-4 times a week.
  • I have it with my breakfast everyday, normally just a serving of 150g :)
  • GillianMcK
    GillianMcK Posts: 401 Member
    I tend to avoid the fat free stuff because of the hidden sugars in it and I don't like the taste of the low calorie ones either!!
    I have 2 X 150g portions of Rowanglen Natural Greek yogurt, if I'm looking for extra sugar they have a version with strawberry compote layer on the bottom, took me a while to get used to the taste but now I love it and could eat a lot more of them!!