99days to lose 36 pounds

Options
I'm 146 pounds now and my goal is to lose 36 pounds. I gained about 15 pounds last semester… LOL.. Freshman 15 pounds…

The fattest part of my body is my belly and my *kitten*… haha... and my face. I'm asian so that my face is relevantly bigger than many white and black people… That's sad though…. :(

I was on extreme diet yesterday… I didn't eat anything… that's not good I know… the weather was supper bad and… I got up so late….

Today, I ate one and a half apples and two fiber bars…. and a lot of water… I need to have enough energy to catch on my work…

I hope I can keep on my diet and get the result I want :D haha

Replies

• defauIt
    defauIt Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    If I'm reading your post correctly, in the last 2 days you've probably consumed ~450 calories combined - that's eating disorder levels of low, you should up your calories significantly and immediately for health reasons.

I empathize with your desire to lose weight quickly, but starving yourself to death is not a way to do it. Your body needs a certain level to function normally on a day-to-day basis. If you continue on your starvation diet you're going to be way too tired and weak to do keep up with your classes and you're going to lose a significant amount of muscle mass (which will make you look flabby even as the pounds drop).

Based on your starting weight (you didn't give a height), your BMR is probably between 1400-1500 calories per day. I wouldn't go much lower than 1200 calories per day, if I were you. Certainly much, much more than the 225 calories per day you're eating right now.

As a final note, 36 lbs in 99 days is probably too aggressive a goal given how little you need to lose. It is possible? Yes. It is healthy? Probably not. I would target ~1lb/week which would put you at about 15 lbs lost over the next 99 days.

Honestly wish you the best of luck with your goal, but I hope you start eating a much more reasonable calorie level to prevent causing any permanent damage to your body!
  • Renee_1014
    Renee_1014 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your advise…!
    I really need to give it a shot… I have a performance in May and I don't want body looks bad :(
    Maybe I will try till the end of this month… and then change my diet to a healthier way.

Thanks again!