Love handles help

Options
Hi All,
I have very ugly love handles, my upper body is just fine, but i have fat on my love handles, thighs and butt :(
I am 5'6 and 130 pounds, I am not overweight but these love handles makes me look FAT :(
And I have to go in a wedding in a month , how can I loose them?plz help :((

Replies

• HIzara
    HIzara Posts: 187
    Options
    I jogged 5x a week for 4 weeks and did something else the other 2 days of the week. Dropped 10 lbs and my love handles and got skinner thighs...

Jogging is amazing.
  • blh_1010
    blh_1010 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Walking (Leselie Sasone DVD's are great!) or Palietes (spelling I know is way off, but anyways I use the Crunch Dvd's) that helps mine go down in a short period of time.
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Although some studies recently have shown that you can marginally spot reduce fat, for the most part, in my experience as a trainer and coach, you can't. Everyone loses weight in different places first, and last. (mine is my back - no matter how low my body fat is, if I look at a cookie, I get back fat!)

What is your exercise routine, what is your cardio? You sound like you're close, just need to spark up for the last 30 days. Email me if you want and I'll send you a couple routines that will help.

Steve
    KnightFit.com
    stevemcknight@beachbodycoach.com
  • blh_1010
    blh_1010 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    How many miles (or Minutes...or both!) did you jog? just wondering :)
  • kaymarie11
    Options
    tae bo and crunches:laugh: girl!!!! you can do li ke 35 mins of tae bo a night and do 500 crunches in front of the tv during commercials or something...they will be gone in NO TIME!!!!
  • ileitch
    Options
    Hee hee, I read this thread because I wanted to see how love handles help and what they help with!
    :laugh:
  • HIzara
    Options
    How many miles (or Minutes...or both!) did you jog? just wondering :)

For 5x a week for a consecutive 4 weeks, I jogged 6 miles (plus 0.3 miles slow jog as a warm-up before jogging and 0.3 miles walk after as a cool down). On the other two days, I either took a group exercise class (step aerobics, turbo kick or shadowbox), lift, or hiked.

First week of jogging - I just jogged. I jogged for 6 miles (took me about an hour and a half). Did not worry about the speed. The point was to just jog for pleasure and to keep going, consistently. Consistency is key to working out. Took only two breaks during the 6 miles.

Second week of jogging - I wanted to keep under an average pace of 13 min/mile for the entire 6 miles, with two 1 minute rests.

Third week of jogging - I kept my jog average at under 11.5 minute mile for the entire 6 miles, with two 1 minute rests.

Fourth week of jogging - I kept my jog average pace at under 10.5 minute/mi for the entire 6 miles with only one 1 minute rest.

The degree that you push yourself is really up to you. The thing you have to keep in mind is, consistency. You have to work out consistency and maintain your interest in working out.
  • looseit_ash
    looseit_ash Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow, thank you all for your reply. that helps.

thanks Hlzara, your response is very helpful, but I am not a runner ;( what can I do to improve it? I can barely run for 10 mins n then i feel I am gonna pass out..6 miles is GREAT>>it seems impossible to me :( I have managed to run only 1 mile. so far.which takes me about 12 mins on treadmill on 5.0 speed.
    any advice?
    Thanks stevemcknight for your response. I just emailed, it will be great if you could help out.
    I appreciate it!!
  • sallyLunn
    Options
    Hee hee, I read this thread because I wanted to see how love handles help and what they help with!
    :laugh:

me too!! :laugh: :wink: :laugh:
  • ninja250
    Options
    Yes like the other person said, running does the trick. it gives a workout for the whole body. or try cycling also.
  • looseit_ash
    looseit_ash Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for your reply.
    Have a question,
    with Elliptical can I achieve the same results as jogging? Just curious, as it also kinds of full body workout but not as intense as running/jogging may be..
  • HIzara
    Options
    Thanks guys for your reply.
    Have a question,
    with Elliptical can I achieve the same results as jogging? Just curious, as it also kinds of full body workout but not as intense as running/jogging may be..

I think cycling is great, but I don't think that it is the "same" as running.

I know exercising in general is hard. But, just give it a shot. Take any exercise one day at at time. Set small goals, then go bigger, jog one day at a time... take it one day at a time.