pot luck pity party

Options
I got home from work today to a very sick dog and a huge stinky mess to clean up. Not only did he release his bowels on my floor, (luckily he knew enough to use the bathroom), but in a panic to try to get outside, he destroyed our blinds.

After cleaning the mess, taking him for a walk, he just got worse and I ended up in emerg with him.

The vet is keeping him overnight, as I heard him crying as I left him there, my own tears began to fall.

I just need to vent and let it all out by turning to MFP instead of the fridge.

Anyone else having a bad day and need to vent?

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I hope your dog is better soon, poor boy.

I'm about to take my little dog to the vet this morning - I think she's got a cut under her eye which is all swollen and sticky.
  • chunkybun
    chunkybun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to your little one.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I hope you dog feels better. They truly become part of the family and what makes it harder he doesn't understand why you left him at the vet. Also good for you, for coming here to vent instead of eating the feelings.
  • mandfree
    Options
    I can home to a house like that a few years ago. Our dog did it in the extra bedroom (it was carpet). We ended up putting hardwood in there after this, but she went to the vet and was kept overnight also. Luckily, they said a virus of some sort and gave her meds and fluids and she is still going strong. I thought she would not survive because it was so bad. I hope your baby is OK as well. We sure do fall in love with this guys. Also, I wasn't eating well then, so I bet I turned to the fridge to cope so good for you!!
  • chunkybun
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words. He's still pretty sick but vet thinks he will be OK in a few days.

I'm so proud of myself for not eating away the stress. With a lack of sleep, I still managed to get up early and do my workout.
  • greatful4grace
    greatful4grace Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, thought I was alone in my pity poty. My Toby (****zu) has been frail and lathargic. I know he needs the vet. but I have no car. we are having a snow storm here. I am so constipated I haven[t dared weigh myself, then with all this had an anxiety attack minutes ago and just couldn't stop crying.. now it is the shaking after medication. Had to cancel pain clinic appt. she made me feel like a wuss for cancelling. If I slip I m done. I can so relate. My baby is so sick and senior and they say to get them in quick when they are senior, and hubby wants me to wait it out!!! Gotta find a ride tomorrow for sure!!!
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear this. I hope he's feeling better soon.
  • ashleysarvi
    Options
    Im sorry, i know the feeling i have two dogs i would be lost without. And a few years ago I had a German Shepard who was very sic. overweight thyroid problems hip dysplasia and seizures. She stopped trying to go outside to potty, our carpet was ruined everywhere and when she would seize she would usually release something and bleed. It was bad one day she seized for over an hour. We decided the best thing we could do was to put her down. I killed my mother and I. But the poor thing could hardly move anymore. She wasn't even that old. I wish you baby the best of luck! Mine get to go to groomers today :flowerforyou:
  • chunkybun
    Options
    So sorry about your sweet little Toby. If I was close, I'd come give you a ride!
  • chunkybun
    Options
    My dog is part shepherd too. Breaks my heart when he's sick.

Have fun at the groomers!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I got home from work today to a very sick dog and a huge stinky mess to clean up. Not only did he release his bowels on my floor, (luckily he knew enough to use the bathroom), but in a panic to try to get outside, he destroyed our blinds.

After cleaning the mess, taking him for a walk, he just got worse and I ended up in emerg with him.

The vet is keeping him overnight, as I heard him crying as I left him there, my own tears began to fall.

I just need to vent and let it all out by turning to MFP instead of the fridge.

Anyone else having a bad day and need to vent?

Awwww poor guy!! I hope he has a full recovery soon!!!! Sending positive thoughts your way!
  • greatful4grace
    Options
    thanks for all the well wishes for toby. he is my special service dog too and I hate I can't bring him with me. he is eating some boneliss chickein but seems to be drinking alot. another worry. We ll see if he perks up in the next day.
    Just a really hard week. thanks for your support.
  • greatful4grace
    Options
    thanks for the offer on the ride!!! seems it is a big deal to give rides here. I m like you if I had a car I'd be there.
  • greatful4grace
    Options
    Toby is better tonite. more perky and himself. Eating better, definitley getting a check up in the next couple wks. thanks for well wishes and prayers they worked
  • AlainaKayy
    AlainaKayy Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear that he is doing better! :) I hope for a swift full recovery for him!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Good to hear he's feeling better!
  • greatful4grace
    Options
    Tobias was laid to rest Wed. Feb. 19. His kidneys were failing him. there was nothing to cure it.
    He was beloved. My easter Miracle of 2013 and a wonderful service dog, who licked my dears away even as he
    laid in my arms while I was saying goodbye to my dear friend. He was working even til his last breathe.
    My faithful companion will be greatly missed as he laid large paw prints on my heart for a 10lb Shihtzu....

You served me well and gave me many of the best memories I will cherish forever
  • chunkybun
    Options
    I am so sorry to read this. My thoughts and prayers are with you tonight.