PROTEIN Pudding, looks awful tastes great!

XFitMojoMom
XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
edited September 21 in Recipes
1 TBSP natural peanut or almond butter
1 TBSP Chia Seed
1 – 1 ½ scoop protein powder
splash of water

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, adding water until the mixture takes on a pudding-like consistency.

Nutrition info: 280 kcal
Fat: 14 g
Carbohydrate: 12 g
- fibre 7 g
Protein 30 g

Replies

• amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    hm, is Chia seed what I would put on a pottery pet to make it grow?
    cha-cha-cha-chia!
  • feisma
    feisma Posts: 213 Member
    ROFLMFAO!...I almost choked on my V-8! :laugh:
  • XFitMojoMom
    Indeed it is, but not in the same form.

:heart: 30% of the chia seed’s oil is Omega 3 oil. 40% of its oil is Omega 6 oil.
    :heart: The chia seeds are great for athletes because they are highly hydrophilic. Being hydrophilic means it absorbs large amounts of water. Chia Seeds can absorb over 10 times their weight in water making them a great enhancer in hydrating our bodies.
    :heart: Studies show that eating chia seed slows down how fast our bodies convert carbohydrate calories into simple sugars. This leads scientists to believe that the chia seed may have great benefits for diabetics.
    :heart: The chia seed gels when becoming wet and this gel, when in our digestive systems, helps prevent some of the food, hence calories that we eat from getting absorbed into our system.
    :heart: the Chia Seed be healthier than the flax seed :drinker:
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    And where do you find this wonderful Chia? I'm curious now! :)
  • XFitMojoMom
    Any health food store - I've seen it in supermarkets alongside flax and other baking products. I've seen it at the pharmacy as well, alongside benefiber.
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Will have to give that a try.
This discussion has been closed.