Cleaning as an exercise??

Options
13»

Replies

• suncluster
    suncluster Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I don't log cleaning just like I don't log chasing my 2-year old who loves to run around the track for 20 minutes at a time.

It is not just about filling in the boxes for me. It is about making a lifestyle change.
    Do something active everyday that you don't log.
  • 1pandabear
    1pandabear Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I add cleaning and cooking because I am sedentary due to illness and age. Just getting up and having a shower can be difficult and tiring. I was so glad that I can add these as it can be an achievement for me. So I think it depends on each person - how fit they are and what they understand as exercise for them. :happy:
    That's a very nice comment. :flowerforyou:
  • RomaWT
    RomaWT Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I dont count cleaning as exercise. I have been cleaning for years and still putting on the pounds. So I just consider it a part of my routine. However, twice I did add snow shoveling as cardio. We have a big driveway and it really felt like I had a real work out by the time I was done.

I'm going to be blunt because I see this answer every. single. time. this subject pops up.... you got fat even when cleaning not because cleaning doesn't help you lose weight... but because you ate more calories than your body could burn... the cleaning is irrelevent... running a marathon would be irrelevent.

You are right, I was not watching what I eat that is why I put on weight. What I meant to point out and maybe it did not come across right is that now even when I am eating right and counting calories, I am not counting cleaning as exercise. I only count the real sweat breaking workouts.