Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

walking

Hi all,
After struggling for years with disordered eating, I'm finally recovered and making strides just to eat better and make sure I get some movement into my days. I have ALWAYS really hated exercise, mainly because it was tied up in weight loss, so while I was 'recovering', I did very little. Our family recently adopted a puppy, and I have very happily taken the responsibility for walking her...and I have absolutely loved it! We walk a 5 mile loop at least 4 days a week (I am hoping to increase once the evenings are a bit lighter), and though it started as just a stroll, we're now doing 18 minute miles, which has felt really good. It's been great for me in particular, because if I ever feel 'guilty' about not walking, it's completely out of concern for the dog, not a value judgement on myself, which was so common in the old days!

The question is, do I need to incorporate other forms of exercise, or is this enough for now? I'm aware that it's all cardio, and I'm not sure if that will lack benefits at some point. I'm not actively trying to lose weight, and I don't weigh myself, so I don't know if it's doing me any good other than having more energy and just feeling good overall. I am not opposed to other forms of exercise, I just want to be careful not to get too obssessive about it. Thanks for any suggestions!