gained 4 pounds in a week??!

Options
2»

Replies

• JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I can gain 4 pounds in a weekend counting calories- the moment I drink a glass of wine here comes 3 - another glass the next day - another 2...alcohol makes my scale go crazy even within my calories. I may try to quit alcohol for lent just to see what happens...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    water retention ...

unless of course you really ate 3500 calories over maintenance for four days straight..

assuming your maintenance level is 1500 that would mean that you consumed 5000 (1500 + 3500) calories a day, or 20,000 calories over a four day period, which I doubt...

so its not fat...just drink a lot of water, get your eating back under control, and relax.
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I lose/gain 4lbs in a day. Two days of a gallon of water plus lemon juice and you should shed that waterweight right out. But don't weigh so frequently, it messes with your head.
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I "gain" and "lose" three pounds in a single day. No biggie. Usually it's water retention from sodium, as everyone has mentioned. If it stays that way for a week or two, then yeah, you probably gained a bit. Otherwise it's not a true gain, just a fluctuation on the scale.
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I lose/gain 4lbs in a day. Two days of a gallon of water plus lemon juice and you should shed that waterweight right out. But don't weigh so frequently, it messes with your head.

Haha beat me to it. Great minds think alike.
  • Supertact
    Supertact Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    So you ate 14,000 calories over maintenance in a week?
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    We were snowed in for 4 days last week and I survived by cooking and eating... mostly healthy stuff but more than usual and no real exercises (some snow activities and a little dance video action)... I gained 5 lbs... lost it the day after I was back to normal. It isn't fat unless you went CRAZY..... just some extra water weight and whatnot.
  • Heather68462
    Heather68462 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I gain/lose 3-4 pounds every few days. Im perplexed too. Its not water, Im on HCTZ