If you have $1100 to spend...

Options

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I would get a concept rowing machine...

I lift in the gym, it would be awesome to have one of these to add some cardio at home!

+1 on the rowing machine (I have a C2.....they're the best on the market) or a good bike.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    It is impossible to work out that hard (for us common individuals; major athletes not included) without a real person there pushing you and using their knowledge and training to change up your routine. JMO

Apparently I just got upgraded to "major athlete."

Nice.

Careful!

I got a snarky PM for my efforts...

That's pretty funny, actually. I hope I get a snarky PM from a jealous woman who can't find the motivation to train on her own and needs someone with a whip behind her.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    It is impossible to work out that hard (for us common individuals; major athletes not included) without a real person there pushing you and using their knowledge and training to change up your routine. JMO

Nice.

Careful!

I got a snarky PM for my efforts...

That's pretty funny, actually. I hope I get a snarky PM from a jealous woman who can't find the motivation to train on her own and needs someone with a whip behind her.

I might be up for a whip behind me after a bottle of wine....

Oh wait. What are we talking about again?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Squat rack and new weights.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Fitbit

Oh and this too!
  • ewarlow
    ewarlow Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I like someone with a whip.. but Im not sure thats classed as fitness ;)

I just don't think I know enough about working out to do the home gym concept. Im clueless, its sad! I do however love my bike :)
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I'd go on an exercise-based vacation.
    Like rock climbing or backpacking or kayaking or something :)
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    A destination Half Marathon. My bucket list includes the Las Vegas Rock N Roll and a Disney Half. :)
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    squat rack, barbell and plates.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Hands down - personal trainer. I spent the money once and had the best sucess!! I was in the best shape of my life! It was also one of the hardest things I ever did. It is impossible for me to work out that hard (for us common individuals; major athletes not included) without a real person there pushing you and using their knowledge and training to change up your routine. JMO

Fixed it for you...

I wouldn't want a personal trainer, I think.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    We live near the water. We already have some cheapy kayaks for lesiure, but I have been really wanting:

A bike- nothing fancy, just to cruise around in a healthy way

A SUP (stand up paddleboard) - they look so fun!

and I recently started to try and run. I'm new to running, hate it. But I would go to a Runner's store and do the whole shebang and get shoes for my style of tourture ...i mean running...
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Race entries. Those fees add up. Just bought the Spartan Race annual pass, and that was $438. Add on to that at least a dozen more races, and I've used up the full amount.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Decent power rack, oly bar, bench and plates.

If there's some money left over, I'd invest in some KB's too.

that
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Well... If I had to spend it on fitness stuff... I'd get some more weight plates. And a speed bag. And I'd put in some proper flooring and paint my gym.

If I could extend the purchase elsewhere... I'd pay for a trip to see my beast and we could spend a weekend doing fitnessey stuff. :wink: Lotsa cardio, good exercise, promise!
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

Nice.

Me too!

Oh happy day!

I think there are a lot of us who just got upgrades.

OP- I workout at home, so if I had the money, I would spend it on a bench, some assistance bands for the pull-up bar, and nice set of adjustable dumbbells. My current dumbbells just take up too much space and I keep finding myself in that horrible place where one weight is too light but the next step up is 5 lbs more and it's too heavy. Any leftover I would put towards classes for me or the kids. Probably the kids, they love activities and I love not having to come up with a way to entertain them every waking second.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Hands down - personal trainer. I spent the money once and had the best sucess!! I was in the best shape of my life! It was also one of the hardest things I ever did. It is impossible to work out that hard (for us common individuals; major athletes not included) without a real person there pushing you and using their knowledge and training to change up your routine. JMO

So much is wrong with this I don't even know where to begin.

OP, I echo the weight equipment suggestions. I have all that so I'd get a treadmill.
  • we'd pick up more plates for our rack, probably some more fitness toys...new tennis rackets, a new bike for me, more resistance bands, maybe sign up for a dance class or yoga thing.

we have most of the stuff though....it would just be peripherals.
  • karah0011
    karah0011 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    A new bike with all the gear and a HR monitor
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    $1,100 you say?

I would invest in a ponzi scheme; gather a core of uptight, credulous investors, draw them in with grandiose promises of private islands and starlets hanging on their wan, Wall Street banker arms. Then I would draw the noose, calling in the SEC to let them swing in the breeze, and as they twitch in the throes of rapidly-decreasing monetary solvency, I offer to buy back their (now-worthless) shares in exchange for all the personal training I want.

MUAHAHAHAAAAHAHAAAAAAAA... haa... hmm...

I might also just get a subscription to Massage Envy to get post-workout massages every other day, since my legs are killing me after treadmilling like a boss this weekend.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I really like the activity ideas too! The 5k mud/color/obstacle races, kayaks, sports equipment if you are into that and have room. A slackline, volleyball net/ball, etc.