Nutbutter, Nutbutter, Nutbutter...

Options
mank32
mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
what do you do with it if you're not into bread? i'm a little funny about food...

>gluten-sensitive, don't do bread. i do flatbread crackers like Akmak or Wasa. i generally stay away from grains, except oats, rice, and quinoa
>don't like PB mixed with sweet. don't like PB mixed with anything, really.
>not about to eat a bunch of PBJ sammiches (see above), 1x wk at most
>not about to break my budget on spendy varities (e.g. sunbutter)
>not turning to Nutella for calories--it's too sweet.

Thai sauces? African sauces? that's about all i can think of... any ideas?

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Hm, I guess my first question is why do you think you need to eat it since it sounds like you don't really care for it?

Spread it on your crackers, make sauces, add to oats... Or just forget about the nutbutter and eat whole nuts instead.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    You can always add it to madeira wine, so garlic, mushrooms, stock, shallots, and served over some grilled chicken.
  • akomantoso
    Options
    I often spread a little on either a banana or on brown rice cakes, or I go crazy and put PB and sliced banana on brown rice cakes.

And you can never go wrong with the childhood classic of spreading it on celery.
  • rayfu75
    rayfu75 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I often spread a little on either a banana or on brown rice cakes, or I go crazy and put PB and sliced banana on brown rice cakes.

And you can never go wrong with the childhood classic of spreading it on celery.

YES!!!!
  • rayfu75
    rayfu75 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I add almond butter to smoothies as well.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Dip various raw fruits and veg into it.
  • fsmalley
    fsmalley Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Wow. That sounds good! I think I kow what I'm havin' for dinner in the next couple of days.