wanting a healthier life

Options
I am a 53 year old mother of 3 - I have been on my own with my kids for the last 14 years and while I have taken good care of my children and they are doing very well - I have completely neglected myself. My last Dr checkup really scared me - I am on two blood pressure meds, my blood sugar is borderline high and now my dr wants to put me on cholesterol lowering meds as my LDL is very high. I need to lose a lot of weight - maybe 100 pounds. I want to be healthy - to feel good again - to have energy and to be around for my kids and my future grandchildren. I started MFP and have lost 7 pounds this month and am staring to feel a bit better. I have a starting goal to lose 50 pounds and get my cholesterol level and blood pressure down so I wont need meds. I am encouraged to see that so many are improving their health and want to be a part of it. I could use some friendly encouragement.

Replies

• HealthyAim
    HealthyAim Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Amy, I am in my mid 40s and I have similar weight loss goals as you. I started MFP awhile ago and it worked for me to loose nearly 50 pounds over a year ago. Unfortunately, I went off MFP and I piled on the pounds again. I have recently recommitted to MFP food and exercise logging again (this is what worked for me last time) and I find the MFP support very helpful. Feel free to add me to your friends list and we can help support each other. Sometimes the doctor's office is the best place to start to scare us into doing what we need to do to get healthy again :) Best of luck on your journey!

Take Care,
    Amy, HealthyAim