flat bench suggestions

Options
Need to replace my flat bench, anyone out there have a good suggestion? Local stores all carry an assortment of adjustable benches, but seem to be lacking in the flat bench department. Seems I will need to order online, so seeking your advice. Thanks.

Replies

• mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    shameless bump
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    I have the Ironmaster Super Bench.

I'm very happy with it. It also inclines to various pitches and you can also flip it totally vertical and whack a set of dipping bars on it.

I've been using it for a few years and it's worn very well (which is to say it's still in excellent nick)
  • mantium999
    Options

I'm very happy with it. It also inclines to various pitches and you can also flip it totally vertical and whack a set of dipping bars on it.

I've been using it for a few years and it's worn very well (which is to say it's still in excellent nick)

That looks like a terrific option. I am curious, I see there are a variety of attachments for it. Have you tried any of the others?
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options

That looks like a terrific option. I am curious, I see there are a variety of attachments for it. Have you tried any of the others?

No, sorry.

Just own the dipping bar. It's a good solid bench though. I'd trust it with my life (and I guess I do everytime I bench!)
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    height and width are the two most important factors after build integrity and stability... then you gotta ask if you want incline and decline... I use a Body Solid GFID71. Criagslist often has good deals on some nice equipment. A nice bench will set you back ~$400 new.

IOW, your body size and leg length will dictate what bench is right for you. Maybe go to the store and do lifts on all of them and see which one you prefer most.
  • MikeInNiles
    MikeInNiles Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Rogue has a few decent options, but I have found all of my benches on craigslist or gym auctions. Brands I would look for are as follows:

Hammer Strength
    Cybex
    Atlantis
    Icarian
    Precor
    Life Fitness
    Paramount
    Body Masters
    etc...

Depending on your budget and how soon you need to find one getting a used commercial one is the way to go.
  • mantium999
    Options
    Thanks all for your input. I have a cheap adjustable bench that I am making do with, but need something more stable. Off to the net to research.