30 Day Shred - Not seeing results, finished 15 days already

Options
Hi everyone,

I just finished day 15 of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and I have yet to see any changes in my body, which I am bummed out about. I do feel like my strength has increased (I can do regular pushups now) and my endurance definitely (each day I do a level I tend to do a little better). I did level 1 for 10 days, now I've done 5 days of level 2.

I have heard so many people say they've gotten such good results - I wonder what I am doing wrong! I only modifying the harder moves at the beginning of a level but I work to have it all down by the time I level up.

PS. I think the weights I am using might be too small (2lbs), but I don't know how much of an impact that would have and if that would really hinder any physical results.

I'm not going to quit in the middle obviously, I'm going to finish out the 30 days. Did it take anyone else a long time to see results with the 30 Day Shred, or is it just me?

Thanks!
-Molly

Replies

• Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    You should really look into beachbody workouts

(not a beachbody coach so not trying to sell anything - I just know from experience)

I just completed Insanity and WOW. Check out my blog to see the progress pics and how much I changed in just 63 days!

Right now I'm doing Hip Hop Abs lv 2 and Brazil Butt Lift.

There are times were I tempted to just go ahead and start my second round of Insanity because I know it works =)

**With Insanity I seen changes within 6 days and I kept losing inches every week**
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I would suggest maybe moving up to 5 pound weights. I don't always see the results I want with these programs, which can definitely be discouraging, but I keep on trying them anyway. Don't give up!
  • rosef17
    Options
    I did not notice anything with 30-day shred - I do Power Sculpt - Biggest Loser and Beach Body. i just got Brazilian Butt Lift, but have not tried it yet.
  • Spudnuts
    Options
    I did it full on for two months (level 3 most of the time) and, while my general fitness level improved somewhat, I didn't lose any weight at all, even though I was very careful about what I was eating. On top of that, I had a couple of muscles that were always injured and I had to wrap up in order to do the workouts. I finally got sick of my lack of weight loss and constant injuries and gave up on it and moved on to P90X and I LOVE it! I lost 20 lbs. my first time around and recently started a second round and am continuing to lose weight and build LOTS of muscle and REALLY tone up. My fitness level has skyrocketed, as well as how much weight I can lift and I have been injury-free the whole time. Perhaps some people have gotten good results from 30 Day Shred, but I wasn't one of them. I don't think it works one out long or hard enough and I think it has a tendency to cause injury. It's not a very good program, in my opinion; I expected more from someone like Jillian Michaels. But maybe that's just me.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I started with the 30 Day Shred. I lost about 7-8 pounds doing it for 6 weeks for 4 times a week on average. I used a combo of 2 lb and 5 lb weights and it was much more effective with the 5 lbs. I also graduated from the 30 Day shred to Chalean Extreme and Turbo Fire, which are more intense versions of that kind of workout. Turbo Fire is mostly cardio, but there are circuit workouts in Chalean Extreme just like 30 Day Shred. There is also a new DVD, Shred It With Weights that you could check out when your'e done.
  • Cina04
    Options
    I did not notice anything with 30-day shred - I do Power Sculpt - Biggest Loser and Beach Body. i just got Brazilian Butt Lift, but have not tried it yet.

You should so try it out!

I use medium resistance loop band which I got from ebay.
    I don't like the band that comes w/ BBL because it always rolls up on me.

yesterday I did high and tight with my medium loop band and I was feeling it this morning!! LOL
  • rachelcordova
    Options
    I just started the 30 day shred. Did one session two nights ago and I'm still pretty sore! If anything, it's making me realize that there are certain muscles I am seriously neglecting. I don't expect to gain much as far as weight loss goes from the 20 minute sessions, but I plan on using it as a supplement to my cardio and to gain a little more strength so that eventually I can move on to more serious strength training. I sort of look at it as a stepping stone for myself, something to begin with. In all reality, I think it's difficult to expect a lot of weight loss doing only 20 minutes of that workout, especially since it's not all cardio.
  • tiptoe6
    tiptoe6 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Let me just say, hang in there! My body is so weird with exercise. Sometimes, I work out hard and I notice nothing, but a week or two later, it catches up! Finish it out, then wait a few days and see what happens! I say if you have gotten to day 15, that already deserves kudos!! Keep on truckin!
  • Cina04
    Options
    I did it full on for two months (level 3 most of the time) and, while my general fitness level improved somewhat, I didn't lose any weight at all, even though I was very careful about what I was eating. On top of that, I had a couple of muscles that were always injured and I had to wrap up in order to do the workouts. I finally got sick of my lack of weight loss and constant injuries and gave up on it and moved on to P90X and I LOVE it! I lost 20 lbs. my first time around and recently started a second round and am continuing to lose weight and build LOTS of muscle and REALLY tone up. My fitness level has skyrocketed, as well as how much weight I can lift and I have been injury-free the whole time. Perhaps some people have gotten good results from 30 Day Shred, but I wasn't one of them. I don't think it works one out long or hard enough and I think it has a tendency to cause injury. It's not a very good program, in my opinion; I expected more from someone like Jillian Michaels. But maybe that's just me.

I was doing Jillian Micheals Shape Up Series and I just had a complete melt down and just started HATING myself. Than I said screw it if I really wants to see changes, I need to go for it and that's how I became an Insanity Grad & it feels AMAZING!!

My sister just got P9OX - so she is going to hook me up lol My husband really wants to that program but I'm leaning more towards Charlean extreme
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    were you already pretty fit?
  • ErickaJos
    ErickaJos Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am a Jillian Michaels Grad (Burn Fat, Boost Metabolism/No More Trouble Zones/30 Day Shred).... I saw good results but I didn't start seeing GREAT results into I switched to Beachbody programs. ChaLean Extreme would be a comparable workout to the 30 day shred, however every month the program progresses to a new phase where heavier weights are being used, therefore avoiding plateaus. As our friends above mentioned, Beachbody are definitely worth taking a look at. I am a coach... AND I am also a consumer.

Don't get discouraged....re-shaping our bodies can take some time.

Best,
    Ericka
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I like Jillian, but I LOVE Chalene! I am doing ChaLean Extreme right now. It's still early, so no real results, but I know they will be coming!
  • Spudnuts
    Options

I was doing Jillian Micheals Shape Up Series and I just had a complete melt down and just started HATING myself. Than I said screw it if I really wants to see changes, I need to go for it and that's how I became an Insanity Grad & it feels AMAZING!!

My sister just got P9OX - so she is going to hook me up lol My husband really wants to that program but I'm leaning more towards Charlean extreme

Oh, man! I ADORE P90X! I'm doing actual pull-ups now, which is something I NEVER thought I'd be able to do! There's nothing like having that kind of strength. It's a rush! Of course, it's not really for weight loss as it's a strength building workout program. My weight loss probably comes in part from the second workout I do in the evenings (I run for an hour), but I'm stronger now than I've ever been and not in a gross body-builder way either. Plus, once all of the fat finally melts off I'm going to have some awesome muscle tone! Let's here it for the guns! Heehee.

Honestly, though, everyone's body is different and each needs to find what works for them. I feel like I finally have and I feel amazing! My energy level is through the roof and now that I've done away with all of my negative addictions, I have to say I've become rather addicted to exercise. I just don't feel right until I've done my workouts. I would encourage everyone to keep on going until you reach that point! NOTHING on Earth will make you feel as good as exercise does once you get past the point where it makes you miserable! = D
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Thanks for everyone's opinions, encouragements, and suggestions!

Part of it may be that I don't have a ton of weight to lose, so such short exercises in only 30 days may not show much on me (I am 5'4", 130 lbs, only looking to lose under 10 lbs but REALLY to tone and shape up my muscles, especially my stomach and legs).

I am definitely going to finish it out, I have day 17 tonight, and last night I incorporated some heavier hand weights which felt GREAT!

I am looking into ChaLEAN Extreme next, in hopes that I can take it up a level and really jump start getting my body all toned up!

Thanks!! :)
    -Molly