Ever dreamt you were skinny & wake up fat and disappointed?

Options
AKcanookie
AKcanookie Posts: 230 Member
Anyone else experience this..

78b57d14-da10-4234-8cec-a7acc151d1d6_zps69dcbba9.jpg

Had this *WONDERFUL* dream last night (actually have had this repeatedly) that I am thin and fit. It's SO REAL! I can see nice rippling muscles, my skin fits better, no jiggly bits except for what's supposed to jiggle (in a nice way), wearing great clothes etc.

Upon waking up in the morning, you look around .. and down.. only to see you still have quite a way to go? LOL

Mind you, it's great motivation! Visualization?!

7cadca6c-18e2-45ef-bffd-1388823845d6_zps7bb88aab.jpg

Replies

• uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I love sleep.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I can remember 2-3 times in the past few years having a dream like that. It was long before I joined MFP and started losing weight rapidly, though. I have never been particularly focused on thinness. But I recall a couple of dreams that I was suddenly much smaller/leaner and had very long hair. As you see in my photo, I keep my hair very short. I don't want long hair again (I did have it that way in my teens). I think it's just a dream, nothing more.
  • some_betty
    some_betty Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    No, but earlier I dreamt that I saw a very large head of brocolli flying in the sky down my street, like in a tornado. It went off into the distance but something told me that it would come back. My friend and I hid in the car parked out front just before the head of brocolli landed on the hood of the car, making the front of the car sink partially into a hole. I guess it means I should eat more green vegetables or less cheese. lol
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Lol no.
    But this made me laugh, as I have a hard time remembering my dreams.
    Remembered bits and pieces of a nightmare, but that's about it.
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    No. I never have pleasant dreams, only realistic nightmares that wake me up and linger for 5-10 seconds of sheer waking terror.

I wish I were kidding.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Yep
  • MissSaturday
    MissSaturday Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    nope.. maybe im too realistic even when i sleep
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Surprisingly, yes, I have had multiple dreams of this, where I was a thin and looking amazing and then woke up...

....damn.
  • AKcanookie
    AKcanookie Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Great responses folks!

good to know i'm not alone !!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • MizMiami305
    MizMiami305 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I decided to stop dreaming and make it a reality!

No matter the age its all about discipline and dedication!

:flowerforyou: