I need some support!

Options
I've been overweight as long as I can remember. To top it off, I just had a baby last October. I'm not getting any weight loss support from anyone. I need a buddy I can talk to on a regular basis, someone who has similar goals as me. We can work together to lose weight. I'd prefer to text or instant message. Distance isn't an issue. I'm 170 lbs, 18, 5'1" and I want to lose 40 lbs.

Replies

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,651 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I also have been overweight for a long time - actually if I read your post right and you are 18 years old, I have been overweight twice as many years as you have been alive! Oh my I feel old. But I have been doing this for just 4 days and I think it has more hope than lots of things I have tried. I am not a texter... I can do it, but no smart phone so it's a pain.

I am willing to share, listen and cheer. ! My goal is 20lbs by June, and 60 over all, I am 5'2" and own my own business so am crazy busy, but am determined to make this work.

Smiles Kim
  • Cozmetick
    Cozmetick Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hey, I have the same problem, minus the child part!
    I turned 19 today and I can never remember a time when i was an accepted weight!
    Ive already lost 17lbs and now have 30 to go so feel free to add, Im on here every day and I love to talk and share advice/problems :)
  • ElliHurdle
    Options
    I am on everyday if you need ANYTHING...support, a cheerleader, advice, or just a listener. I've dealt with weight issues since I was about 13. I gain some weight, lose a ton and keep it off for a year +, then gain it all + 20 lbs, and the cycle continues. I had a baby in Dec 2012 and I am only 13 lbs below my pregnancy weight at 35 weeks. I feel HUGE! I need to lose about 75 lbs to be where I want. There's not a lot of support in my house either, since I can't restrict my son too much, and well, my husband doesn't feel like we're eating enough at dinner. He also get SO upset that I don't buy the junk food any more.