dr ozs 500 cal dinner

lizzys
lizzys Posts: 841 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
dr oz
it was good today. he said to have a 4oz piece of protein said that was all you need.1/2 cup fiber/grain like pasta potato rice brown.and 100 cal worth of vegs you could do double vegs .200 cal for meat 200 cals fiber/ starch, and 100cals for veg. that what i need to do .i'm sort of a old fashion eater . where people had to have the meat potatoe and vegs and bread i can stay away from the bread, but the rest i can't. he said to eat more chicken and fish and if you like beef to buy like round lean beef good idea

Replies

• millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    My dinner tonight was 483 cals. I had 3/4 cup (dry - before cooking) whole wheat penne pasta with about 1/2 cup of my homemade meat sauce and 1 tbsp. of grated parmesan. I also had 2 cups of frozen french cut green beans. Also only about 360 mg sodium and very filling. Here's a quick and dirty on the sauce I made:

1 pound lean ground beef, browned and fat drained off
    1 cup chopped onion
    1 8-oz can tomato sauce
    1 6-oz can salt-free tomato paste
    1-2 tbsp minced garlic
    1/2 cup salt-free diced tomatoes
    Salt-free Italian seasoning (Mrs. Dash) to taste - about 1 tsp.

Simmer all while the pasta is cooking. A batch serves about 6. Pretty good stuff. Good over brown rice, too. Super easy to make. You can use ground turkey if you prefer. Enjoy!
  • dgroulx
    dgroulx Posts: 159 Member
    According to the American Diabetes Association, you only need 4 ounces of protein per day. That's true what he said. You can eat a lot more food with vegetables. Make sure that you also count cheese in the protein count. The ADA says cheese counts just like a meat. If you look at their food pyramid (different from the FDA one), it makes eating easy. Each part is made up of 3-5 servings. They said that if you are female, eat the lower number. If you follow it exactly, you will eat about 1,400 calories per day which is all an average sized female needs to eat. If you are male, you eat on the higher side. If you are a petite female, then you should eat a little less.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    My dinner tonight was 483 cals. I had 3/4 cup (dry - before cooking) whole wheat penne pasta with about 1/2 cup of my homemade meat sauce and 1 tbsp. of grated parmesan. I also had 2 cups of frozen french cut green beans. Also only about 360 mg sodium and very filling. Here's a quick and dirty on the sauce I made:

1 pound lean ground beef, browned and fat drained off
    1 cup chopped onion
    1 8-oz can tomato sauce
    1 6-oz can salt-free tomato paste
    1-2 tbsp minced garlic
    1/2 cup salt-free diced tomatoes
    Salt-free Italian seasoning (Mrs. Dash) to taste - about 1 tsp.

Simmer all while the pasta is cooking. A batch serves about 6. Pretty good stuff. Good over brown rice, too. Super easy to make. You can use ground turkey if you prefer. Enjoy!
    that sounds alot like the sauce i make. i would have added a salad with that i"m 225 pounds it takes a lot to fill me up
  • LastFighter
    LastFighter Posts: 175 Member
    Usually the only meals I have that are 500 calories are a single bowl of oatmeal. I eat a lot but I work for it in the gym. Everything that tastes good is so bad for you :(.
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    I seem to be on Dr Ozs plan ... and I didn't watch in the gym today ... they had baseball on both tv's LOL
This discussion has been closed.