quitting lean cuisine, make ahead ideas?

Options
2»

Replies

• kikiboniki
    kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Egg muffins - your favorite omelette in muffin tins. Make the night before, keep in the fridge and reheat.

If you separate the eggs and whip the whites to peaks and fold into the yolks and other ingredients they bake up tall and fluffy.

good tip about the whites!
  • lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I'm also trying to get off frozen dinners, fast food, etc, and do more of a natural whole foods diet. Thanks everyone for the suggestions!
  • ashleysarvi
    Options
    one word PINTEREST..its silly but its literally changed my life. It got me working out which i have never done before. I didn't know how to cook, now I cook all the time. I usually cook on my days off a fair amount of food and pre-pack my meals and pack my lunch bag the night before so i can grab it before work. I haven't had fast food or a frozen dinner in over 11 weeks. Also the crocpot can be your best friend!
  • jr235
    jr235 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I seem to be the only person on earth who doesn't like the shredded chicken thing. I love roasted and stirfried chicken, but there is soemthing so off to me about the texture of shredded chicken. Which is unfortunate because it is so easy!

Anywho, for lunches I've been into bean salads lately. My new find is fava beans, chickpeas, lemon, olive oil, fresh parsley, 1 garlic clove, with salt and pepper to taste. Here's a recipe similar, except that I don't put in cumin. http://eaudespice.wordpress.com/2010/02/18/chilled-chickpea-and-fava-bean-salad/ If you look for mexican bean salads you'll find a ton.

Its a classic but I like deli sandwiches on occasion.

Sometimes I make something special for lunch, but most often its left overs from dinner. ;)
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Oh hey friend!

I love my lean cuisines. Mostly because I am too lazy to cook healthy meals for one when I am working.. Yes they do have a lot of sodium BUT if you limit one per day you can still stay under a 2000mg sodium limit.