Finding the Right Clothes

Options
Anybody else have this problem?

I loose a lot of weight but now it's so hard finding clothes that fit. Places like Walmart don't seem to carry my size very much (they usually only go down to a 4) so I have to trek over to the Junior's section which just don't fit right by any means.

Of course there is the mental challenge as well, looking vs feeling. I took the plunge and bought my first bikini but still have buyer's remorse, I just don't think it will look good on me when I feel flabby.

Just completely unsure and it makes me want to keep trying to lose weight which is probably not such a good thing.

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Losing weight will not help you feel better about clothes if you already can't find clothes small enough for you.

I find Target has a decent selection of smaller clothes that are fairly inexpensive (look at their house brand). I also get excellent bargains at expensive shops at deep discount.

Small women have always had problem buying clothes. This is actually getting better as there are more very tiny Asian immigrants.

Getting CONFIDENCE though, is different. If you're not confident in a bikini (which brings out everyone's insecurity), try a really sexy one piece. I think many of us look better - and more confident - a little more covered up.

Same with regular clothes. Put on clothes that make you smile, not ones you think a 'thin' person should wear.