Hi, My names Danielle and I'm obese....

Options
I'm not new to the weight loss game or MFP and you can see a little more about me on my profile.

I'm currently 275lbs and have been actively trying to lose weight since the 9th of this month. As I state in my profile, I'm starting again with the hope of succeeding for a change.

It would be cool to have friends on here who are the same size, I know we all need support but having someone who is half my size complain doesn't motivate me it just winds me up. That may annoy some people but that's how I feel I'm afraid, I prefer to interact with someone who I can relate to y'know.

So if you don't think I'm an *kitten*, say hello lol

Replies

• mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    It would be cool to have friends on here who are the same size, I know we all need support but having someone who is half my size complain doesn't motivate me it just winds me up. That may annoy some people but that's how I feel I'm afraid, I prefer to interact with someone who I can relate to y'know.

The upside of having friends at goal is you have support and access to people who are successful, a great resource on your journey. All the best.
  • 281Danielle
    Options
    Hi my name is also Danielle and I am obese also. I weight 264 now and started in Jan weighing 281. You can add me if you like.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options

The upside of having friends at goal is you have support and access to people who are successful, a great resource on your journey. All the best.

I'm gonna go ahead and agree with that.

I was 275 lb for about 15 years so I can relate to that...and I am now 194 so I do have a ways to go...but I no longer have over 100 to lose.

I like having friends at goal, or closer to goal than I am because sometimes they can tell me what worked best for them and how they dealt with the changes along the way :-)
  • salvaje913
    salvaje913 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My name is Louis and I am obese too. I started in January and so far I have been doing well.

Feel free to add me.
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Hi Danielle!

I don't think you're an *kitten* - I agree with you. It's frustrating to me when people only have 10 pounds to lose and they are complaining about this or that. But I also agree with what mfp2014 said, I have many friends at or near maintenance who have been down the same road I'm on & they have a wealth of wisdom, advice and encouraging words to share.

I started in April 2013 weighing 326.8#, and my CW is 257.8. I hope to reach my GW by 7/24/15. Feel free to send me a FR, and best of luck reaching your goals!
  • Hulakitty510
    Options
    Hullo! My name is Lani - I weighed in at a magnificent 268 pounds this morning. Let's go!
  • acmsas
    acmsas Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My highest weight was 278 in 2012. I have lost 40 pounds since then (a couple of times for several of those pounds actually), but still have SOOOO far to go! Feel free to add me! We could all use some extra support & motivation!
  • lindabeth333
    lindabeth333 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I started this month at 262 and have lost 7 pounds so far. I do get inspired when I see the success stories but I also would like the support of others who are at my stage of the journey. I think we can all encourage each other to do the best we can each day. At my point - the goal weight seems so far away!
  • ICANDOITIKNOW1972
    Options
    Hello All. Losing weight is not an easy task. It is doable. Do it at your own pace and the hell with others and what they think. Lets do our things and be healthy. I am over weight and I am going to set my mind to lose weight and be healthy. Good luck to everyone.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    I think I would complain about things at any weight. I'm not a good fit for you, but hi.
  • ICANDOITIKNOW1972
    Options
    :smile:
  • paschtat85
    Options
    I am Cherie'...and yes - OBESE too....I weigh 288.0 (Was 298.0) and I can so relate to you. I have friends that complain about 15lbs....I tell them really - try 100+....

Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • thelazydandelion
    thelazydandelion Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I knew this would cause a stir but I was just being honest and I meant people who have a starting weight of something like 150 lbs and have never been anywhere near to my weight.

I can see how this could be misunderstood. .
  • ICANDOITIKNOW1972
    Options
    Hello

I am here also to shed pounds. It ain't easy as you get older. But is doable. Just requires dedication and block out what other people say about you or think about you. You are the important one. The one's who talk have more issues than you and I. Just stay with your pace and exercise and portions size. Vitamins are essential. I have started to work out and eat healthy since December of 2013. I go to the gym 4 times a week and I try not to eat unhealthy food. and this site helps by keeping track. Good luck to you.
  • healthyplans
    healthyplans Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Jean. I only have 10 pounds to go, so I'm afraid I am not one that you want as a friend. Although, I rarely complain and have learned a lot while losing 90 pounds.... I understand where you are coming from though. When I started, I felt similar... I think it was insecurity--but I'm not sure. Either way, good luck to you...
  • rhonda6373
    Options
    You can add me as a friend if you like. I currently weigh 217 and am looking to lose 80 pounds. At any rate, good luck to you -- you can do this:happy:
  • HazelHare
    Options
    I was hoping to make a post quite like this! I'm currently at 265lbs and so, ideally, I'm hoping to lose over 100lbs through making sensible changes to my diet. I've added a few people from this thread.
  • birdiephd99
    birdiephd99 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am also obese. I am at 237 currently. Feel free to add me. I have struggled my whole life with being obese and am happy to be support for you!
  • backerayla
    Options
    This is a great thread. I am so inspired by your courage thelazydandelion of being clear about your needs. And I am so impressed by the community that has come out of the woodwork to support you and each other. I too experience obesity, and I have since I can remember.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Hello Danielle, im amy id love to be friends. I started this lifestyle change weighing in at 278 pounds on July 22, 2013, today I weigh 213. I'm very motivated and would love to watch/help/encourage you to succeed.