Weigh ins!?

Options
Hi! I weighed myself for months at around 1pm the time i woke up due to my job. Now im sleeping at weird times, like 5 hours at a time for instance, and i should be losing weight but it says the same 229 lbs if not more. Im not sure if maybe this is because i eat and then only sleep for 5 hours? And am up for 5 hours and eat and sleep again for 4-5 hours?? Could this be why or is it something else, i am still dieting and excersizing but there is no reason it wouldnt go down for 1-2 weeks..?

Replies

• Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    You could be judging your calories wrong.

But not getting enough sleep can also make your body do weird things.
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    is this 1-2 weeks surrounding your period? I always weight more the week before and during my period and then a day or 2 after my cycle ends, the scale drops.

Also, take progress pics and measurements, the scale isn't the only form to track your progress :)
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Could be many different reasons. Not enough sleep can increase the level of cortisol in your body, this is a stress hormone which can cause lack of weight loss. If you are also cutting calories drastically and exercising, this also creates stress on your body. How much are you eating?
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Deksgrl is right. Regular sleep is very important for losing weight.

Plus your body is more likely to retain water if you aren't getting enough continuous sleep. Sometimes if I only sleep a little bit I'll often weigh heavier for my morning weigh ins, even though my calorie intake and exercise hasn't changed.
  • Paradokx
    Paradokx Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You could be judging your calories wrong.
    I'm not judgeing them wrong, ive been tracking accurately for months, using measuring cups and scales.
    is this 1-2 weeks surrounding your period?
    Also, take progress pics and measurements, the scale isn't the only form to track your progress :)
    It started about a week or 2 before my period. (24th) I do take pictures as well! Thank you :D
    Could be many different reasons. Not enough sleep can increase the level of cortisol in your body, this is a stress hormone which can cause lack of weight loss. If you are also cutting calories drastically and exercising, this also creates stress on your body. How much are you eating?
    l I eat 1.3k Calories a day for 3 months now. Plus exercise 2 days a week.
    Plus your body is more likely to retain water if you aren't getting enough continuous sleep. Sometimes if I only sleep a little bit I'll often weigh heavier for my morning weigh ins, even though my calorie intake and exercise hasn't changed.
    It could be that aswell, would the water drop when i sleep right again? I feel like this might be it because i haven't changed anything.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Okay, it doesn't sound like you are eating too few calories. If you can try to get more sleep in. You might also try changing up your exercise, see if you can get a little more in.
  • kellymac518
    kellymac518 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I eat 1.3k Calories a day for 3 months now. Plus exercise 2 days a week.

could be your body has gotten used to your routine... try exercising more often / harder / for longer period of time